Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we have Paul Samrah back ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What has happened to Paul Samrah ?. If he did not want the PA gig fair enough but no disrespect to the present PA man but Samrah gets the right balance imo. He also has the history and background over the wilderness years.

I do agree the pre match ramping up is a little like an American "Soccer " or Baseball game. All we need is the Hot Dogs and Bud delivered to our seats and we will be there.

Also can the PA just stop talking and let the crowd do the talking in future please. Many thanks.

Is there a reason why Paul Samrah is not the PA at the Amex ?. Can someone enlighten me please.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I must have missed that. Why is Paul not the main man on the pitch though ?. Whats going on ?.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I can't remember the name of the guy who does it, radio presenter with bleached hair. Was never a big fan of his but thought he'd done ok up to Saturday where he went a bit OTT and then you had to cringe when we welcomed Brighton and Hove Albion and Hull to pitch

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Bud is the best drink to ever be invented. FACT.

i must disagree. it's FOUL! I believe Pißwasser was the one Rockstar Games came up with as a parody :D I prefer fosters..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't remember the name of the guy who does it, radio presenter with bleached hair. Was never a big fan of his but thought he'd done ok up to Saturday where he went a bit OTT and then you had to cringe when we welcomed Brighton and Hove Albion and Hull to pitch
That was piss piss poor, yes. But this new guy deserves a bit more of a chance IMO as I'd say he's done a decent job overall.

Mind you, I agree with [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] with regards Samrah - he was mostly excellent on the mic, although I'm not sure he'd come across quite so well in a bigger, more slick operation.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Yes Budvar is great.

Budweiser from the US though is awful - even Americans are deserting it in their droves for better tasting more European style beers.

Pißwasser. You're IN!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You haven't been keeping up?

I think this is the most recent thread to discuss this issue on NSC ...

New Stadium Announcer

I can't be bothered to read all that Ed. My question is, has Samrah been pushed to one side for this new Guy ?. Anyway its not a big issue I just think he needs to calm down a bit.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Should we stay in the past US and maybe bring our old rattles, or howabout we move with the times and embrace the atmosphere and ensure that the teams come out to a wall of noise.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Nick (the new guy) is not just someone who's been drafted in but he's been a lifelong fan of the Albion so does have history too.

I think he's likely just finding his voice at the moment and probably wary of being bland and has gone too far t'other way

He's an experienced radio jock so he'll be fine once he settles in.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Should we stay in the past US and maybe bring our old rattles, or howabout we move with the times and embrace the atmosphere and ensure that the teams come out to a wall of noise.

Indeed. Infact I am considering bringing my FA Cup Final foam hand with me next Saturday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nick (the new guy) is not just someone who's been drafted in but he's been a lifelong fan of the Albion so does have history too.

I think he's likely just finding his voice at the moment and probably wary of being bland and has gone too far t'other way

He's an experienced radio jock so he'll be fine once he settles in.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Nick on Saturday but Richie Reynolds who is a Spurs fan. As for Paul Samrah, he never did do the pre match build up at Withdean.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I would LOVE it if there were hotdog vendors wandering around the stands

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here