Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can We Get a Little PERSPECTIVE???

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
i think its been fantastic so far in the championship. the most frustrating thing this season is the amount of points dropped this season. we have dropped about 10 points from games this season where we have been winning. a couple of quality signings in jan and the summer and we might of won all those games if we had some experienced and stronger players.

so dont expect to much this season just support the lads and enjoy the experience of being in the championship in our new stadium. however bad some performances may be we need to remember where we came from.

JCL - no mention of Top Flight or the Goldstone...your sights are set too low cos it's all you've known??

You f***ing twat. Sorry about the expletives guys but that has gone and really pissed me off. Why on earth you utter TOOL would I mention the Goldston era or our year in the top flight, hey? I am NOT setting my sights low? What I am saying is the negativity generated from us being 4 points off the play offs is absurd and the same for the ridiculous overly zealous critiscism of the players and staff.

Yes, Yes I know we were in Division one and I am proud of that. However it is a different game now and there is no need for the comparison and the labelling of me as a JCL despite me attending games at all of our four residency's and having a season ticket for the best part of 10 years nearly, having previously never bought one consistently. I do beleive the JCL's are the people claiming we should be in the Prem "NOW, or else gus is shit and Harley and all those other footballers who play for my team can go too". Utter nonsense you labelling me a JCL for being "realistic".

IS IT EVEN ME BEING REALISTIC TO EXPECT US TO BE IN THIS DIVISION FOR TWO MORE SEASONS??? For CHRIST sake guys.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
If we continue the form we have been in for the last 17 games we will finish the season with 54 points, in theory we should be safe with that.

This.
We get this thread every time we lose a game and yet there are still a bunch of idiots that go "ooh fabulous post" :facepalm:

Okay, but whats worse? That or getting endless threads of Paynter, Ankergren, Sparrow, Harley, Barnes, Gus, Phil McHunt are shit and deserve plutonium shoved up their ANUS? Or "Are we going to get relegated" or "Is Gus not that great" or "Why does Tanno look hurt when he's been hit in the FACE"...

Whether we win, draw or LOSE?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Okay, but whats worse? That or getting endless threads of Paynter, Ankergren, Sparrow, Harley, Barnes, Gus, Phil McHunt are shit and deserve plutonium shoved up their ANUS? Or "Are we going to get relegated" or "Is Gus not that great" or "Why does Tanno look hurt when he's been hit in the FACE"...

Whether we win, draw or LOSE?

There's nothing wrong with speculation. Everyone on here is entitled to an opinion, and in my opinion the people that are ruining NSC aren't those posting the stupid threads, but the idiots that complain about the stupid threads with even more stupid threads just hoping to get praise from everyone else.
+ to be fair, Barnes, Harley, Sparrow, Paynter and Ankergren's performances have been well below-par for the majority of the season, so I see no reason why we shouldn't talk about it
+ Relegation is a genuine threat this season
+ Our players do go down far too easily

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The vocal minority are an embarrassment and I'm finding myself more and more not bothering to log on because it's not interesting, it's not funny, it's just drivel, and I've noticed many others in recent months feeling the same way.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
There's nothing wrong with speculation. Everyone on here is entitled to an opinion, and in my opinion the people that are ruining NSC aren't those posting the stupid threads, but the idiots that complain about the stupid threads with even more stupid threads just hoping to get praise from everyone else.
+ to be fair, Barnes, Harley, Sparrow, Paynter and Ankergren's performances have been well below-par for the majority of the season, so I see no reason why we shouldn't talk about it
+ Relegation is a genuine threat this season
+ Our players do go down far too easily

Relegation is a genuine threat? How long into last season did you think that? - until we were mathematically safe or were you still worried in case we got docked points? (thats how anxious it can come over as - worrying over nothing for the sake of it, or worrying in case a million that to one freak event happens that they have thought of and got worked up about actually happens)

We are just 4 points from the play-offs, we are 10 points clear of the relegation zone as things stand, we have a large number of first team players to come back into the side, and judging from some of our recent performances, we are more than capable of getting the extra points needed to survive in this division from our remaining games.

There is talking about players performances, and making comments about poor games when they are justified and then there are the embarrassing comments from some on here who seem set on destroying a player, maybe because of a dislike (such as a wayward punch over a year ago by Ankergren) or just a need to moan due to their own negative outlook on life and usually when the player has done little or nothing wrong.

What do these people expect, the whole squad to be shown the door and replaced en mass? or a player knowing one bad pass means that their so called supporters will turn on them so that the players play more negatively in fear of making a mistake? (and drag us into a relegation battle as a result?) That players should suffer unfair criticism for just following Poyet's tactics?

We are in a tough division, yes there are games where we could have got more from them, but its a learning curve for many of the players and the management but to expect them to be faultless week in week out is unrealistic and for people to constantly post negative drivel on here that follows nearly every game regardless of result is getting a bit tedious, especially when so many fans have the opposite view and are in fact really enjoying this season.

There is a feelgood factor around this club following our move into a new ground, why people are being killjoys and wanting to put a dampener on things all the time is beyond me.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Relegation is a genuine threat? How long into last season did you think that? - until we were mathematically safe or were you still worried in case we got docked points? (thats how anxious it can come over as - worrying over nothing for the sake of it, or worrying in case a million that to one freak event happens that they have thought of and got worked up about actually happens)

We are just 4 points from the play-offs, we are 10 points clear of the relegation zone as things stand, we have a large number of first team players to come back into the side, and judging from some of our recent performances, we are more than capable of getting the extra points needed to survive in this division from our remaining games.

There is talking about players performances, and making comments about poor games when they are justified and then there are the embarrassing comments from some on here who seem set on destroying a player, maybe because of a dislike (such as a wayward punch over a year ago by Ankergren) or just a need to moan due to their own negative outlook on life and usually when the player has done little or nothing wrong.

What do these people expect, the whole squad to be shown the door and replaced en mass? or a player knowing one bad pass means that their so called supporters will turn on them so that the players play more negatively in fear of making a mistake? (and drag us into a relegation battle as a result?) That players should suffer unfair criticism for just following Poyet's tactics?

We are in a tough division, yes there are games where we could have got more from them, but its a learning curve for many of the players and the management but to expect them to be faultless week in week out is unrealistic and for people to constantly post negative drivel on here that follows nearly every game regardless of result is getting a bit tedious, especially when so many fans have the opposite view and are in fact really enjoying this season.

There is a feelgood factor around this club following our move into a new ground, why people are being killjoys and wanting to put a dampener on things all the time is beyond me.

We are 10 points off the relegation zone. Lose a few in a row and we are right back down there in the dogfight. Nothing is a certainty in this division.
Though of course, the same can be said for if we put together a few wins, we could mount a play-off charge.
I won't be considering ourselves as "safe" until we are on around 45-50 points.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think threads like this are a bit pointless. The OPs always think they've written some Churchillian bit of rhetoric about how the path to the sunlit uplands is sometimes a rocky road where we may trip and stumble occasionally, but we've been to the abyss and looked over the edge and compared to where we've come we're in an absolutely brilliant position with a great stadium, a great chairman, a great manager, great pies, etc etc, and the moaners ought to get a bit of perspective yada yada yada.

The thing is no one can really argue with that. No one can quote the original post on this thread and say "That's rubbish, we were miles better off a few years ago when we didn't have a pot to piss in". However it's also not a crime to point out that we've only scored one goal in four games, and anybody who posts that they're a tad worried about the number of chances we're currently creating does not need to be told that they should 'get a sense of perspective'.

D

Deleted member 18477

A lot of fans I've spoken to are expecting us to do better mainly because Southampton came up with us and are obviously now top! If saints weren't doing so well I don't think some would have such high expectations for this season. They are forgetting that Saints had a championship standard team last year and that we sold argubly our best player Bennett and have only replaced him with shit or sick notes so far!

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
These threads may have been done to death on here ( I dont read or post much anymore) however I felt the need to say something.

The general negativity, over-hyped expectations and ridiculous critiscism, most unwarranted on North stand Chat at the moment is beyond a joke! What did people honestly expect from this season? How long have we been out the Championship? Did people honestly think we would be challenging the likes of West Ham and Birmingham at the top of the League? We haven't got the same infastructure, built like the later two over a number of seasons in the Premiership and Championship. We have just spent over a decade playing in an ATHLETICS track and as soon as we get a spanking new ground people expect us to be world beaters. PERSPECTIVE please.

We are (4?) points off the play offs? What a fantastic season this is! Last season many would have been happy with that in LEAGUE ONE considering we had been in a relegation scrap for about 2 years. We need to a grip.

A lot of posters on here are quite literally wetting the bed that Harley misses a few tackles, Ankergren makes about TWO MISTAKES, Barnes isnt scoring despite being played in midfield at 21 years old, Buckley and Vicente are sicknotes get rid! despite one winning us two games and the other, known for his injuries prior to signing RAVAGING LIVERPOOL, Gus keeps being racist ( not sticking up for his friends) and he isnt what we thought he was ( despite moving us up about forty league positions at his peak since taking over).

Can we please just get a bit of perspective? People saying we are relegation fodder after losing at Reading where, due to injuries, we had a 38 year old assistant manager and a center back at full back. And we could have drawn or won the game!

Many on here including myself have witnessed a midfield of...

Fraser El-Abd Loft Virgo

Only a few season ago! That was the utter coking, shitting f*** of a midfield we could line up with. We need to get a grip. It's only our first season back. Imagine if we have some PATIENCE how bloody good we are going to be in two or three seasons time! In fairness, many on here are patient and are realistic. Yet the LOUD MINORITY are just bleating on accesivley and there is simply no need.

This 100%

Poyet IN, Vicente IN

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's time people took a reality check. Far too many got caught up in the zeitgeist of a championship and a new stadium. This team is not going up this season, there are far too many clubs with many seasons of experience in this league not to mention those who have had very recent experience of the Premier League. I'm not unhappy with our current position although I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the for and injuries of some of our signings. What does disturb me is our disciplinary record. We may have had some poor referees but I don't think we're alone there and frankly it's no coincidence that we have the worst record in this division, something that really does need attention as referees clearly won't be giving us the benefit of the doubt now. Given that though we have established ourselves as a reasonably competent team at this level and I would think that next season we'll be ones to watch.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think threads like this are a bit pointless. The OPs always think they've written some Churchillian bit of rhetoric about how the path to the sunlit uplands is sometimes a rocky road where we may trip and stumble occasionally, but we've been to the abyss and looked over the edge and compared to where we've come we're in an absolutely brilliant position with a great stadium, a great chairman, a great manager, great pies, etc etc, and the moaners ought to get a bit of perspective yada yada yada.

The thing is no one can really argue with that. No one can quote the original post on this thread and say "That's rubbish, we were miles better off a few years ago when we didn't have a pot to piss in". However it's also not a crime to point out that we've only scored one goal in four games, and anybody who posts that they're a tad worried about the number of chances we're currently creating does not need to be told that they should 'get a sense of perspective'.

Well said that man .. couldn't have put it better myself

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
People worried about the number of chances we created? We created loads at Reading - enough to win the game. We just didn't take them. That's why most seasoned Albion watchers aren't getting too concerned. The team's shown enough already to suggest it can win enough games to stay up comfortably - doom and gloom about relegation is ridiculous. Even if we were in the bottom three, I'd still be hopeful we could escape so I'm not going to fret when we're 10 points clear. Teams at the bottom don't win that often so it's a very healthy cushion.

As for going up, I don't think it's ever too early to take the money that now comes with reaching the PL and the parachute payments after what would be more or less inevitable relegation. It'd pay a huge chunk of the stadium debt and set us up to build a very strong Championship team to challenge again. But I do agree that on the playing side, we'd be better off getting there in a season or two when the team should be stronger in all areas and would have a better chance of staying up. Those that are slating people for a lack of ambition are way off the mark. A top half finish this season would be a great achievement and a base for a play-off challenge next year. I'd be well happy with that - I think we're in by far the most enjoyable division so in no great rush to get promoted. Imagine the moaning in the PL where a draw would be the best we could hope for most weeks.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well said that man .. couldn't have put it better myself
Why, thank you! I think people do have a problem sometimes with separating the long term from the short-term. In the long term we've 'come a long way baby' and who knows how high we could go before we eventually reach our limit (and being a provincial club that limit WILL be below regular appearances in the Champions' League). In the short term though we HAVE only scored one goal in four games and Billy Paynter is not the solution. People see posts like that and just say 'stop moaning and be grateful' without really stopping to consider what's being said.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People worried about the number of chances we created? We created loads at Reading - enough to win the game.

At reading, yes. But over the course of the season, we have the lowest per match average for shots and shots on goal in the division. Just over 7 shots with just under 3 on target per match.

league goals per match 2011.12.27.jpg
Click to enlarge

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
It's time people took a reality check. Far too many got caught up in the zeitgeist of a championship and a new stadium. This team is not going up this season, there are far too many clubs with many seasons of experience in this league not to mention those who have had very recent experience of the Premier League. I'm not unhappy with our current position although I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the for and injuries of some of our signings. What does disturb me is our disciplinary record. We may have had some poor referees but I don't think we're alone there and frankly it's no coincidence that we have the worst record in this division, something that really does need attention as referees clearly won't be giving us the benefit of the doubt now. Given that though we have established ourselves as a reasonably competent team at this level and I would think that next season we'll be ones to watch.

Couldn't agree more, injuries wise it's unfortunate but we're not THAT badly off. Vicente, as was said was a known gamble. He's still worth having IMO for the time he is fit.

Discipline wise, we seem to have a real problem that needs to be addressed. It's the mixture of injuries and suspensions that's doing us more damage than anything AFAICS.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The vocal minority are an embarrassment and I'm finding myself more and more not bothering to log on because it's not interesting, it's not funny, it's just drivel, and I've noticed many others in recent months feeling the same way.

:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here