Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we all forget about the FA Cup for a while

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I genuinely did a double take when I saw the league table yesterday - the first time in a while - and saw we were only five points clear of the drop.

.....and we've got a game in hand over all the teams around us - 2 games in hand over Newcastle, Burnley and Bournemouth. Furthermore, four of our five remaining home games are against teams around or below us, Plus we have three visits to the capital, all against teams who admittedly are better than us, but all of whom have had a few slip-ups against lower teams this season; all three are a bit erratic. Getting something (not much, but something) from those three trips wouldn't be an enormous surprise.

All in all that five point gap looks pretty good to me (and yes, I am aware that it is still possible for us to fail to get another point and get relegated; I think it's unlikely though).

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Should we get turned over, pressure will build. Not likely to get much at Stamford Bridge, 'Muff will be tricky hence making the Cardiff match exponentially more ginormous.
Muff should be easy they have nothing to play for and are pitiful away from home. Probably our easiest game left.

I have a horrible feeling we will lose the next 2 but I feel confident about turning over bmuff

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Muff should be easy they have nothing to play for and are pitiful away from home. Probably our easiest game left.

I have a horrible feeling we will lose the next 2 but I feel confident about turning over bmuff

FA cup aside they haven’t lost to us in 9 League games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I genuinely did a double take when I saw the league table yesterday - the first time in a while - and saw we were only five points clear of the drop.

Thank **** we beat Palace.
It was a great result but every single subsequent result went against us that day. The only good thing about it was that it was an absolutely disastrous day to be Palace fan when they looked set to be safe.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don't forget about it. Use it. Inspire the team with it, remind them that one of the teams out there is off to Wembley and the others aren't.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Our recent league record against them is pretty poor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
This game is far far bigger than the match next Saturday in London. If we lose, we are in trouble. I really hope the Amex turns up and cranks up the noise for this game. Also a win would give the players a boost too.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This game is far far bigger than the match next Saturday in London.
No, it really isn't. It's a routine league match against a team below us.

If we lose, we are in trouble.
No, we aren't. Winning wold be much better, there's no denying that, but we've still got games in hand over the teams around us, including several winnable home games. If we lose all of those we'd be in trouble, but losing this one would be a setback, that's all.

I really hope the Amex turns up and cranks up the noise for this game. Also a win would give the players a boost too.
Well yes, obviously.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
No, it really isn't. It's a routine league match against a team below us.

No, we aren't. Winning wold be much better, there's no denying that, but we've still got games in hand over the teams around us, including several winnable home games. If we lose all of those we'd be in trouble, but losing this one would be a setback, that's all.

Well yes, obviously.

Stop being so reasonable..... *Runs off screaming "FA Cup!!!!!"*

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
As we have a really important game on our hands this weekend that might play a huge part in our efforts to remain in this league, I can only hope CH and the players are not as FA Cup hyped up as we all are :albion2:

You are so right its only the semi and who remembers the names of teams in the semi's.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The idea that you can't get excited about going to Wembley next week yet still not get behind the team tomorrow, be aware of its importance, and realise that we aren't safe yet - whether you are a fan, Hughton, a player or Bloom or Barber is ridiculous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Southampton and Burnley win and Huddersfield lose, then they are DOWN. Relegated in March, at Selhurst Park. Christ, how grim would that be.

Not as grim as losing, at home, to a team who could have been relegated at 4:45. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The idea that you can't get excited about going to Wembley next week yet still not get behind the team tomorrow, be aware of its importance, and realise that we aren't safe yet - whether you are a fan, Hughton, a player or Bloom or Barber is ridiculous.

As equality ridiculous as asking about how much money the club can make from one game, when it is far from certain that it won't be losing £100,000,000 in one months time.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Agreed, until 10pm on Wednesday I'm not thining about the FA Cup

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here