Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we ACTUALLY win the World Cup in 2010?

Can we actually win it?

• Yes- Capello has got my full backing.

Votes: 33 39.3%
  • No- Still not good enough in certain areas.

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • Maybe- we need to cut out the mistakes through.

Votes: 29 34.5%
  • Quarter final heartbreak yet again....

Votes: 10 11.9%

• Total voters

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Capello has got us playing some exciting football, he is making us exciting to watch again. His no nonsense ballshit with the England regulars, is something Sir Alf Ramsay drummed into his players, and the WAGS staying away. Can he finally bring home the World Cup in 2010?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
No we are still lacking a bit in a couple of areas but 100% improvement since McClown went.

Keep it up Capello and i can see us getting to the semis maybe even the final but not winning the tournament. :(

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
2010 in South Africa,would have preferred it in Europe,however like you say this guy does not take any crap. For me what has put the wind up England players is that he has gone out and learned English. What message does that send to the players when so few of us can speak a foreign language ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, of course we have a chance. We have a sprinkling of world class players and developing promise.

But 'having a chance' does not mean victory. We should be in the mixer but, like anyone, will need an ounce or two of luck en route.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Capello has got us playing some exciting football, he is making us exciting to watch again. His no nonsense ballshit with the England regulars, is something Sir Alf Ramsay drummed into his players, and the WAGS staying away. Can he finally bring home the World Cup in 2010?

No. No he can't.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
2010 in South Africa,would have preferred it in Europe

I think having the World Cup in South Africa gives us a wonderful chance of winning because, think about it, the World Cup would be held during their winter. To us in England, football is a winter sport. The heat experienced previously in earlier World Cups wouldn't be a factor!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We have a great chance as we did twice in '86 and '90 but during both those times we had some terrible bad luck - the hand of god and that terrible spooned free kick when Germany went 1 - 0 up in the semi.

We have a quality team and Rooney should be close to his prime so with no injuries and some luck we can win it.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
South Africa Summer is our winter...fookin bing it on!!!!!!!!

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
Have a good chance like always but we need a bit of luck and someone to bang to goals in and have a fully fit squad through out.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
2010 in South Africa,would have preferred it in Europe,however like you say this guy does not take any crap. For me what has put the wind up England players is that he has gone out and learned English. What message does that send to the players when so few of us can speak a foreign language ?

Give it another six months and he will speak better English than the majority of the players!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
here we go again....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here