Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can someone enlighten me about Plymouth ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
All these protests are very noble and well meaning but before Fans Utd came along we had been protesting for nearly 2 years with pitch invasions, walk outs, boycotts, trips to the chairmans house, marches in London etc long before Fans Utd.

Now I apologise if I'm wrong but what exactly have Plymouth fans done themselves to highlight what is going on ? The reason we became nationally known was we fought our war and got the publicity so why haven't PA fans done similar ?

All these plans are well meaning but unfortunately 99% of football fans don't know what is happening there and today was a golden opportunity for them to do something like what we did with the York invasion.

So if they can't be bothered to organise themselves why expect anyone else to save their club if they can't get up and do something ?

Not said in wind up as I care about them and wish them all the best but unless their prepared to fight like we did then they have no chance.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
9 pages minimum but very fair point as hardly been a shed load of protesting going on.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Just because we were so lucky to have some fully determined but also creative protesters doesn't mean why should feel Plymouth don't deserve help. We have been there and done that and know it gets results. But we came so close to getting more points deductions for pitch invasions that it could have put us out the league. It was an extremely fine line and I don't blame anyone who thinks that's too much of a risk.

If we can we should help, not judge

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
They have done several marches, but numbers have been dwindling as people arr getting tired of not bring heard. They are planning another protest on Saturday.

Head over to PASOTI and they will willing explain their protests to you.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
They have done several marches, but numbers have been dwindling as people arr getting tired of not bring heard. They are planning another protest on Saturday.

Head over to PASOTI and they will willing explain their protests to you.

It's about publicity and tenacity, not giving up. We took 2 years to win so if their own numbers are already dwindling then why should anyone else care ?

They need to up the ante and get off their backsides like we did not give up

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
you may well be right - they may have no chance

they may not even be able or prepared to take action themselves

IT DOESN'T MATTER

for one, parochial self-interest is of little interest to the media. The wider football family showing that IT cares DOES matter and will raise more media attention and do more to spotlight their plight than anything Plymouth fans might or might not do. Now if you don't want to be part of that then fine.........................but don't disrespect the idea or those who do. It does no-one any good and tbh it does you no credit

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

IT DOESN'T MATTER

for one, parochial self-interest is of little interest to the media. The wider football family showing that IT cares DOES matter and will raise more media attention and do more to spotlight their plight than anything Plymouth fans might or might not do. Now if you don't want to be part of that then fine.........................but don't disrespect the idea or those who do. It does no-one any good and tbh it does you no credit

100% this.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton

IT DOESN'T MATTER

Indeed, well said.

We went to the Burton match today and stood in the Plymouth end sporting the Brighton colours. The minute we walked through the turnstiles we received a hero's welcome, with Seagulls chants and applause all around.

If it stirs up media attention then great, but what I felt our presence today brought, was total gratitude, appreciation and pride in seeing us in with their lot giving support.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Indeed, well said.

We went to the Burton match today and stood in the Plymouth end sporting the Brighton colours. The minute we walked through the turnstiles we received a hero's welcome, with Seagulls chants and applause all around.

If it stirs up media attention then great, but what I felt our presence today brought, was total gratitude, appreciation and pride in seeing us in with their lot giving support.

well done today chap - great effort

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Indeed, well said.

Great to hear Mr E and well done you! If you are on twitter maybe send a tweet to Naylor telling him that Brighton fans were at Burton today to support Argyle fans? He might well want to follow that story up with you :)

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Great to hear Mr E and well done you! If you are on twitter maybe send a tweet to Naylor telling him that Brighton fans were at Burton today to support Argyle fans? He might well want to follow that story up with you :)

Cheers severnside. Alas, I'm not on Twitter, but my wife is, so I'll see if she can tweet Mr Naylor.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Indeed, well said.

well done for going,

you have showed the footballing world that you/we have not forgotten how it feels to be in that situation even more so now we are in a period of greatness all around

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Having been privileged enough to attend the original Fans United, I can tell you the feeling I got when seeing so many other fans coming to support us was just incredible. I was gobsmacked. If nothing else, our visit on the 24th will show solidarity and if by me attending I can go even some way to making the Plymouth fans feel the way I did back then, it will be well worth doing.

Check out some of the comments from Plymouth Fans on the Facebook Events Page - Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Michael White
Massive massive thank you to the Brighton fans, it's a tough time to be green at the moment but gestures like this re-affirm my faith in football fans. Thank you.

Matt Harrison
Thank you brighton fans you are amazing!

Nick Lobb
Sadly, wont be able to make it on 24th. Fantastic gesture by the Brighton fans!
Noticed Peter Ridsdale pacing up and down outside Pirelli Stadium, Burton before todays game. No-one paid him any attention. Cant think why!?!?

Anna-Lou Houghton
Big thanks to Brighton fans! This is awesome! Brilliant to know we have support! Green Army ;-)

Stuart Duncan
Thanks to all Brighton fans, this is a fantastic gesture and very much appreciated by us beleaguered Argyle fans during these dark days. This definitely lifts our spirits!!

Tell me Ernest, do you get it yet?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But there have been protests and it has been in the press.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
as i have just said on the green day thread i can see where ernest is coming from they really havent been helping themselves you really can't compare the protests and the support our campaign got compared to there's !! they have never really had the numbers and its just been repetative walks from the city centre to home park but this is why they need our help before its to late :) just dont let itr effect us supporting the albion because as much as im up for any help i can give them when im at a game we need to get 100% behind our own teams bid to finish as high up this league as possible

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate a bullet point breakdown of their situation. It is quite a complex situation I believe.

Tell me Ernest, do you get it yet?[/B]

Sadly and pathetically predictable he won't.

He can spout his attention seeking drivel as much as he wants but would be better off keeping quiet on this subject when there are people prepared to help in any way possible.

Despite all the other protests and action that are part of out history, Fans United day was a pivotal point in so many ways and without the inspiration of an Argyle fan and the support of fans from so many other clubs we would quite possibly not be here now. I am sure what whatever measures our and any other teams fans want to take in support of Plymouth will be greatly appreciated and could possibly make a difference in their cause.

It is better to try and fail than not to try at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here