Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can i ask a genuine Question

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I seem to remember there were various threads on this topic last season when we did not start as well as people expected. Look what happened then.

I am not saying that the same is going to happen, but from my limited viewing of the team (ie Liverpool, Leeds and West Ham), the problems experienced in the Liverpool and Leeds games (ie midfield being overrun) appear to have dissipated and what was lacking against West Ham was the experience, guile etc to break them down at the back.

Would hoofing it to a big lad up front change that? No, I don't think so.

Because we are essentially a group of ex League 1 players against ex Prem players, it is going to take longer for them to adapt. But they will. Once Vicente is back and he passes on some of his knowledge to the likes of Noone etc, we will be fine. Top half I reckon this season, challenge for play-offs next.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Basically all the players we have playing for us have never really been successful at this level, s obviously to play the passing game we need better players, capable of passing the ball better.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The quality of the teams we have lost to (and yes, I include Palace in this) is significant. They are either established Championship teams (Leics, Palace and Ipswich) or are Premier League (Liverpool and West Ham). No big deal losing to these at a time when everyone is finding their feet in this division. We were never going to keep the initial run going - we might have been hoping, but it's a tough league and we will get better and better.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
Progressing is what we are doing. I know many non Brighton fans who love watching us play and wished their teams played football the way we do.

Whilst some would love Brighton to go up this season I don't. I would prefer mid table. Strengthen the squad in the summer and try for promotion next year. No point going up only to get spanked week in week out.

As previously mentioned Rome wasn't built in a day.

Look at the team now and the signings coming in are better players with more experience.

If we carry on the way we are prem is a possibility but as long as we keep progressing what's the rush ?

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
But lumping it upfield does not relieve presurre, this is the point. It just comes straight back again, especially against a team like West Ham. The passing around the back isn't just for the hell of it you know, it's about finding space to allow us to go forward and create chances, attacking from the back.

And for the 9 millionth time, IT SEEMS TO WORK OK FOR SPAIN AND BARCELONA DOESN'T IT?

Right you really are a spastic who knows nothing about football, clearly obvious you have watched league 1 all your life.. there is more to football than just passing the ball to a player.

As for thinking brighton play like barcelona.. pffft barcelona hunt in packs to win the ball back when they lose it or the other team have the ball, brighton stand there like lemons and concede goals cos they are out of position. Barcelona actually do triangles and get the ball up the field quickly, they also have shots at goal.

You'll realise in time that football isn't all about passing it across the back and possession.. and i can gurantee you Brighton will not be Barcelona LOL:nono:

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
Basically all the players we have playing for us have never really been successful at this level, s obviously to play the passing game we need better players, capable of passing the ball better.

Agreed. True. Not enough strength in their bodys and legs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here