Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can history repeat itself

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
When we last played Arsenal in the cup we were sitting seventh in the table on 44 pts , 10 off of an automatic promotion, we gave a good account of ourselves that day then went on a run that saw us promoted in second place . If we win at Blackburn on Tuesday we will again be seventh with 44 pts but this time only 6 off of second place. Can we do it again?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When we last played Arsenal in the cup we were sitting seventh in the table on 44 pts , 10 pts off automatic promotion, we gave a good account of ourselves that day then went on a run that saw us promoted in second place . If we win at Blackburn on Tuesday we will again be seventh with 44 pts but this time only 6 off of second place. Can we do it again?

Would be nice, but don't count on fate.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
When we last played Arsenal in the cup we were sitting seventh in the table on 44 pts , 10 pts off automatic promotion, we gave a good account of ourselves that day then went on a run that saw us promoted in second place . If we win at Blackburn on Tuesday we will again be seventh with 44 pts but this time only 6 off of second place. Can we do it again?

Well we can.............

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Believed all season we are good enough, certainly think we will end in playoffs, hope history repeats like op says

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I can only assume 1988? what a year Arsenal my 2nd game a good season and hit a purple patch in the last 8 games winning 7 and drawing the other to sneak 2nd place (the only time we had been that high all season) to be promoted with Sunderland.

Kevin Bremner header and Nelson if i recall to send us up in front of 19,800 (huh poor crowd-just kidding)...

we need 2 strikers to do it

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We are sitting pretty,not setting the world alight,keeping tabs,doing enough,lurking in the shadows,a dark horse is Brighton,ignore their threat at your peril,for if,NO,WHEN they click,we will (at the satisfaction of all the believers) daze,confuse,amaze,blow all the NON BELIEVERS _YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE away....

I am going for Brighton to just miss out and finish 4th by 5 points..

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Can history repeat itself? We in fact know the answer -- see my sig to my posts for answer.

An answer which deserves added weight because of its source, coming as it does from not just one of the greatest football minds of the last half-century, but a musician, businessman, best-selling author [1]. It's like something out of bleeding Renaissance bleeding Florence -- every bit the equal of our resident sage, Yogi “It's tough to make predictions especially about the future." Berra.

[1]http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?search-alias=stripbooks&field-isbn=0099185628

Attachments

• 00000316.png
    00000316.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 23

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here