Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone remember the shops in the old Churchill Square?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
To be fair they did sell some lovely gear back in the day! :D

I'm sure my mother bought me and my brother horrendous ski jackets from there about 30 years ago....but hey, they were the fashion back then! :rolleyes:

And I recall a dingy café in the corner, probably now where Mothercare is by the escalator and being treated to a knickerbocker glory around the same time!!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
I'm sure my mother bought me and my brother horrendous ski jackets from there about 30 years ago....but hey, they were the fashion back then! :rolleyes:

And I recall a dingy café in the corner, probably now where Mothercare is by the escalator and being treated to a knickerbocker glory around the same time!!

There used to be a Fortés restaurant almost next to where Mothercare is so not sure if that's the one you're referring to - I used to have a Saturday job in there when I was 15 or so which would have been about 38 years ago!! :ffsparr:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Having a chat with someone at work today did the Wishing Well ever have water at the base?

I remember it having a wire grill put over the top i think!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Having a chat with someone at work today did the Wishing Well ever have water at the base?

I remember it having a wire grill put over the top i think!

Now that is a proper question!

I remember looking down the wishing well as a kid, trying to figure out how to get the coins through the metal grid. It did have a bit of slimey old water in it, but it wasn't a real well so it was probably just rain water (or tramps pee).

So yes and no!

As an aside, my dad and grandad painted the original Union Jack on the front of Rag Freak in Cranbourne Street.

:)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here