Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone remember the gutbuster @ 24hr cafe

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Please explain how a gutbuster can possibly have better ingredients when you cant beat perfection?

Dont tell me...... its the organic mushrooms, vine ripened tomatoes, quorn sausages and Lady Grey tea?!

And for the original poster, its the Market Diner not 24 hour cafe! Always has been, always will be!

a lot of people used to just call it the all night caff.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Between 83 and 86 that was my Thursday night routine.

I used to go to the Aqua around the same time, when it shut down The Market Diner was the obvious replacement.

Stopped going regularly when I got hitched :angry:

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Late 80's...

Meet in the pub on Saturday night, a 'few' beers, head down to the Hungry Years, a 'few' more beers, get down the all-nite cafe, Gutbuster and tea, then split a taxi home, and all for less than the current cost of a parking ticket :thumbsup:

Friday night....Green Dragon then down the Eagle followed by a night of dancing down the Gloucester rounded off with a visit to the All nighter. :thumbsup:
Could never afford a taxi home!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone remember the New Market Diner?

3 a.m egg, sausage and chips

marvellous

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
1984 or 5 the last time I went there surprised it is still in business tho, must pay it a visit when I am that way.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
only ever had market special a few times.. too pished to attempt the big one..

bystander cafe by main rail station does a good fill, for about £4 or so.. pretty much 2 of everything, and you cam change items you dont like.

drinks are extra, people watching is free.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's defo not a 24hr cafe. We have a payday breakfast and have given up at the market because it's been closed at 7.00am for the last few months. Understandable if they just close after getting rid of the allnighters.

We now use the one near the bottom of St james. Bit poncey with square plates and hardle a 'man-sized' brekkie but does a job.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Finished 4 in my lifetime and on my brothers stag night helped him with his as well, not fat but have a large appetite.:eek:Mega must be a new addition since I left, I'd fancy my chances though.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here