Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone remember the gutbuster @ 24hr cafe

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Mendoza is resident expert.

I know someone that polished one off and then had a market special immediatly afterwards, absolutely disgusting it was. He was one of those really thin people that can eat a ridiculous amount of food.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I was always more of a Market Special with chips person. I liked the fact that they gave you TEA with it straight away, before you'd even sat down.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Teas was always lava hot so you didn't mind waiting for your brekkie to turn up five minutes later as the tea was still too hot to drink anyway.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Late 80's...

Meet in the pub on Saturday night, a 'few' beers, head down to the Hungry Years, a 'few' more beers, get down the all-nite cafe, Gutbuster and tea, then split a taxi home, and all for less than the current cost of a parking ticket :thumbsup:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Megabuster is great, but check out this bad boy!

The £10 Breakfast!!! - Sharenator.org Original

I suspect it would be the sausages and toast which would sort the men from the boys. Personally I was rather tempted by Greggs offer in the paper this morning of a bacon buttie with 3 rashers of bacon and a cup of coffee for £1.99. All I've got to do now is find a Greggs near Oxford Circus.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I suspect it would be the sausages and toast which would sort the men from the boys. Personally I was rather tempted by Greggs offer in the paper this morning of a bacon buttie with 3 rashers of bacon and a cup of coffee for £1.99. All I've got to do now is find a Greggs near Oxford Circus.

There's one in soho.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
... and now with better ingredients following the take over.

Please explain how a gutbuster can possibly have better ingredients when you cant beat perfection?

Dont tell me...... its the organic mushrooms, vine ripened tomatoes, quorn sausages and Lady Grey tea?!

And for the original poster, its the Market Diner not 24 hour cafe! Always has been, always will be!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I have polished off enough gutbusters in my time, but never had the nuts to attempt the MEGA-Gutbuster. Who's conquered that one??

Max - who is this person you speak of? Can he eat more than me??

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Late 80's...

Meet in the pub on Saturday night, a 'few' beers, head down to the Hungry Years, a 'few' more beers, get down the all-nite cafe, Gutbuster and tea, then split a taxi home, and all for less than the current cost of a parking ticket :thumbsup:

Between 83 and 86 that was my Thursday night routine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here