Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone explain why Lewes are against Falmer

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
I am sure it has been covered many times on here but i just wanted to know why Lewes council are firstly against the Ground and what has it to do with them anyway.
Do the Lewes residents agree with their council??
Thanks

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Mainly because Falmer comes under Lewes DC and they are "supporting" their stand.

Unofficial polls say lewes residents are in favour of it.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I would say Lewes as a town has much to gain from Falmer. It is as easy to get from Lewes from Falmer as it is from Brighton and so I would think many supporters may decide to drink/eat/sleep in and around Lewes before and after matches. You would think the council would be keen to bring extra money into the town?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
ILOVEBHA said:
what has it to do with them anyway.

Part of the development is in Lewes boundaries. Part of the traffic improvements or coach park I think. However, since the new inquiry isn't discussing Falmer the new inquiry has nothing to do with them. They're just meddling tossers.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
They also claimed it was their duty to protect the South Ddowns. I 've no problem with that but the site is can hardly claim to be in the South Downs given it's next to dual carriageway, 2 universties, station, office buildings etc. Why did they not object to expansions at Ssussex University like the Medical School? Only the other side of the road
Grrrrr!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Lewes DC and the MP, Norman Baker are basically a bunch of blinkered snobs who are more worried about getting more antique shops into the middle/upper class town than encouraging the "riff raff" that is called a football supporter.

As around 75% of the people who live in Lewes are stuck up sheep, they follow their leaders and continually utter in a very "penelope Keith" voice...."oh no, we don't want a football stadium anywhere near our lovely quaint county town".

I really can't wait for the Lib Dems to start their election canvassing...especially if they knock at my door.

I'm thinking of getting A4 poster done and laminate it and put it outside my front garden telling people why they shouldn't vote for Baker.

I f***ing hate the lot of them

carry on ! :bla:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Basically they are opposed because they are selfish bastards with no sense of community and to whom all football fans are unwashed vermin whose opinions, thoughts, dreams and aspirations don't count. They are short-sighted, ignorant and instinctively oppose progress just for the sake of it. They are narrow-minded petty beaurocrats who are exploting every planning loophole in a doomed attempt to stop a bit of building on a tiny field*.

This whole process has been a real eye-opener for me I can tell you.

*Doomed because even if the stadium is turned down there will be development there. Are you listening you thick cretins? Didn't think so.

Superseagull said:
I would say Lewes as a town has much to gain from Falmer. It is as easy to get from Lewes from Falmer as it is from Brighton and so I would think many supporters may decide to drink/eat/sleep in and around Lewes before and after matches. You would think the council would be keen to bring extra money into the town?
One of the problems with Lewes District Council is that it's hardly a great custodian of the interests of Lewes town. The Council is dominated by people who represent the rural areas around the town, along with Seaford, Newhaven, Peacehaven, Telscombe Cliffs and East Saltdean.

Not that the stadium would damage any of those places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here