Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone beat this?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Nice work, congratulations!

Don't let you grandson think he knows better than the bookies though, or this little win will cost him for the rest of his life.

Good point, i started when i was 8 when my old man used to let me pick 5 home wins every week, only bet max about a pound and used to win all the time. 27 years later still punting and broke, wish i lost on my first few efforts as would've been taught a lesson that can't beat the bookies and stopped there and then.

Anyway well done Jerryatric and family, i won a few quid today also.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have no doubt they paid out but what I am saying is it is a mistake. I have on 25 years never known this. You cannot do a first goalscorer and correct score double. That is why bookies have scorecasts.

You can have seperate BHAFC to win 3-1 and Murray to score the first goal bets but in a double ones directly affects the likely outcome of the second , ie Murray scoring the first goal makes 3-1 far more likely so they do not simply double the odds.

On Ladbrokes BHAFC ton win was around 40/1 and Murray scoring first 9/1 so that doubled is 360/1, the scorecast was arounbd 125-1.

Anyone who bets on football regularly wi;; back up what I am saying.

If you got 440/1 Murray , 3-1 that is unbelievable but the bookies have fecked up.

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
I really don't know why I am bothering with you, you miserable git.

At the time the bet was placed Murray was 10/1 to score the first goal and Albion 66/1 to win 3-1, so 450/1 was about right.

No wonder you are so popular on here!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What the f*** is that all about. I am just explaining how it works. If you can't have a debate just f*** OFF Tosser !. I think I have got some popularity on here

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Nice work, congratulations!

Don't let you grandson think he knows better than the bookies though, or this little win will cost him for the rest of his life.

wise words...my first win was a nag called Manchester Skytrain 50p at 7/2 on a hot July Goodwood day in 1984. Remember the thrill. As a wee thirteen year old I put the winning towards a new Fred Perry.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

At the time the bet was placed Murray was 10/1 to score the first goal and Albion 66/1 to win 3-1, so 450/1 was about right.

NO IT ISN'T Dunderhead. I have explianed that one outcome affects the other but that is obviously too much for you to understand.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

I don’t believe for a second you are lying but a print screen will shut the doubters up. Just press print screen on the bet receipt page, paste to windows paint, save the image and post it on here.

Great win by the way.

buller89

Aug 9, 2007
Horsham
I have no doubt they paid out but what I am saying is it is a mistake. I have on 25 years never known this. You cannot do a first goalscorer and correct score double. That is why bookies have scorecasts.

You can have seperate BHAFC to win 3-1 and Murray to score the first goal bets but in a double ones directly affects the likely outcome of the second , ie Murray scoring the first goal makes 3-1 far more likely so they do not simply double the odds.

On Ladbrokes BHAFC ton win was around 40/1 and Murray scoring first 9/1 so that doubled is 360/1, the scorecast was arounbd 125-1.

Anyone who bets on football regularly wi;; back up what I am saying.

If you got 440/1 Murray , 3-1 that is unbelievable but the bookies have fecked up.

Im with US here. I have never known a bookies to allow that double. I would have jumped on those odds if i had seen it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No the odds would be around 1/3 of the double odds. I am sure he got paid as I said in my post but mathematically BET 365 f***ed up. Anyway I am pleased for anyone who gets one over on the bookies just take offence to him throwing a paddy and insulting me. Who the f*** is he ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Im with US here. I have never known a bookies to allow that double. I would have jumped on those odds if i had seen it.

Hallelulah !.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No the odds would be around 1/3 of the double odds. I am sure he got paid as I said in my post but mathematically BET 365 f***ed up. Anyway I am pleased for anyone who gets one over on the bookies just take offence to him throwing a paddy and insulting me. Who the f*** is he ?.

Agree, no need for the insults, just enjoy the win.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It just seems if anyone disagrees with a point they just default into abuse mode. Totally unwarranted.

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
To be honest, I really can't be arsed! I came on here in a mood of great excitement to share my moment with the good people of NSC.

Everybody, bar one was happy for me. Thank you for all your good wishes. US has taken a little of the gilt off the gingerbread, but hey, wtf. His problem, not mine.

Thanks again for all the good wishes.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
FFS are you stupid. When did I say I was not happy for you. I was just explaining that 440/1 Murray 3-1 was a cock up by the bookie. I was DISCUSSING this. I was not rude or abusive. I was kisy DISCUSSING it. You will find people on forums tend to DISCUSS things.

The way you have reacted makes me now think it is bullshit.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To be honest, I really can't be arsed! I came on here in a mood of great excitement to share my moment with the good people of NSC.

Everybody, bar one was happy for me. Thank you for all your good wishes. US has taken a little of the gilt off the gingerbread, but hey, wtf. His problem, not mine.

Thanks again for all the good wishes.

And if you start crying every time some bloke on an internet forum you have never met discusses something with you you need to grow a thicker skin. How old are you 12 ?. Well you must be at least 18 to have the bet.

Time to leave this now.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The thread has become a binfest but as many times before it has only doen so as I have yet again had to put up with unwarranted and unnecessary abuse from some geek I do not know and does not know me. I was interested in the odds, being a follower and studier of betting odds it fascinated me how they were offering 440/1 on first goalscorer ( 1st or 2nd favourite to score from BHAFC players ) and 3-1 could be 440/1 when all the major bookies were giving around 125/1.

They have paid it it seems but it has to be a mistake. That is the point I was/am making not begrudging him his win so to call me a miserable old git and how people hate me on here was totally uncalled for.

Still its par for the course nowadays.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We have had our disagreements and have form but we both forgive and forget. I haven't a scubby doo who this bloke is and how he can make such sweeping assumptions about me. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here