Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign for "Sussex By The Sea" - PETITION

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
SIGNED but personally would like to see the alternate 'going up to win the cup' banned except for cup games.

I have suggested before that the club should adopt a version that reflects the Albion, similar to what SCCC did with SBTS in the past.

I am surprised that Norman 'Fat Boy' Cook hasn't done a colaboration with Rizzle Kicks and released a raving version for the charts! Pull yer finger out Quentin!

Now is the time for marching,
Lest we should fall today,
Victory to the Albion,
Past those in our way,
So let your voices ring, my boys,
And take your time from me,
And I'll sing you a song, as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea.

For we're the men from Sussex
Sussex by the sea,
And we stand tight for blue and white,
And useful men are we:
And when you go from Sussex,
Whoever you may be,
You tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the sea.

Oh, Good old Sussex by the Sea,
Good old Sussex by the Sea,
You may tell them all that we stand or fall,
For Sussex by the sea.

Far o'er the seas we wander
Wide through the world we roam,
Far from the kind hearts yonder
Far from our dear old home,
But never shall we forget my boys
And true we'll ever be
To the land so kind that we left behind
In Sussex by the sea.

Oh, Good old Sussex by the Sea,
Good old Sussex by the Sea,
You may tell them all that we stand or fall,
For Sussex by the sea.

I like this version ....

Sent from another Galaxy using Tapatalk.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
202 now

they wont be playing it tonight though
nice one Loco... 200+ in 2 days is good going.

I'm guessing we've got mostly fairly low-hanging NSC fruit so far and there is plenty more of that still to come (Titanic - how many different people look at NSC in a week?)...

Key to a really good impact though will be "spreading the word" beyond NSC in various ways. Personal messages to supportive friends and family asking/pestering them to sign are the best but also to other groups...

Loco - can you do the "mailing list" and also the Sussex CCC Messageboard...?

We need to keep the tone of the campaign very positive. The club have done an amazing amount of completely brilliant stuff in a very short space of time so it is not surprising that some things are still works in progress... Fanzone/walk-out SBTS was always going to evolve with time and all we want to do now is show the amount of support for singing more of SBTS and for the use of the screens to get it going...

CLICK HERE TO SIGN & SUPPORT SBTS

If any NSCers reading this haven't done the two mouse clicks to sign yet then please do it now - there must be loads more people who are up for this but we won't know unless people do it...

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Great idea Moshe. I am up for this and have signed the petition. Perhaps we could ask the Blonde Baker Boy to do the same thing before the Twenty twenty games at The PROBIZ

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
nice one Loco... 200+ in 2 days is good going.

I'm guessing we've got mostly fairly low-hanging NSC fruit so far and there is plenty more of that still to come (Titanic - how many different people look at NSC in a week?)...

Key to a really good impact though will be "spreading the word" beyond NSC in various ways. Personal messages to supportive friends and family asking/pestering them to sign are the best but also to other groups...

Loco - can you do the "mailing list" and also the Sussex CCC Messageboard...?

We need to keep the tone of the campaign very positive. The club have done an amazing amount of completely brilliant stuff in a very short space of time so it is not surprising that some things are still works in progress... Fanzone/walk-out SBTS was always going to evolve with time and all we want to do now is show the amount of support for singing more of SBTS and for the use of the screens to get it going...

CLICK HERE TO SIGN & SUPPORT SBTS

If any NSCers reading this haven't done the two mouse clicks to sign yet then please do it now - there must be loads more people who are up for this but we won't know unless people do it...
:BOUNCE:

Upto 220 now in first few days which is very good for this sort of thing.

Momentum has slowed over the past couple of days though and it won't help to drag it out over an extended period. We could get a lot more signatories by taking longer, and publicising more widely, but 500+ inside a week will be plenty enough to make it worthwhile approaching the club with a suggestion...

If you are supportive of singing SBTS at The AMEX please help keep this thread active and help add to the list of names...

CLICK HERE TO SIGN & SHOW SUPPORT

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Great idea Moshe. I am up for this and have signed the petition. Perhaps we could ask the Blonde Baker Boy to do the same thing before the Twenty twenty games at The PROBIZ
I think that once it is up and running at The AMEX then the Probiz Dough Boy and his marketing whizzkids will be all over it like a Test cricketer and a betting slip...

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Done

:BOUNCE:

Upto 220 now in first few days which is very good for this sort of thing.

Momentum has slowed over the past couple of days though and it won't help to drag it out over an extended period. We could get a lot more signatories by taking longer, and publicising more widely, but 500+ inside a week will be plenty enough to make it worthwhile approaching the club with a suggestion...

If you are supportive of singing SBTS at The AMEX please help keep this thread active and help add to the list of names...

CLICK HERE TO SIGN & SHOW SUPPORT

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
signed, but what to do with people who wont sing anyway..

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
With enough other people singing, the words on the screens, and the music nice and loud... I think most people will join in, or at least clap along.
as long as they don't clap too fast Titanic...!!! Seriously, will it be possible for people to clap without speeding up...???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here