Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Camp Bastion baby

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Hearing the news today that a solider given birth to a baby in Afghanistan, its amazing how common women dont realize there pregnant.

Apparently this women went on 8mile runs with her weighted bag on her back and also in combat situations.

Could you imagine the outcry in this country if she and the unborn baby where killed out there. :eek:

She went to the DR at the base saying she had stomach pains and the Dr was like no your having a baby :ohmy: Baby 5weeks prem and a special medical team flying out to bring Mum and Baby back.

Has this happened before?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I don’t think it’s just common women that don’t realise they’re pregnant, just flippin stupid women :)

I’m here all day by the way.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Surely they do medical screening before they go out there that should have picked something like this up. Seems a bit odd.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Alf Ghanistan? Just a suggestion
Nice one!Alternatives could be Sandy,Dusty,SeBastion,or even Terry as them attacking brought on the birth,apparently.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Saves on recruiting and air fair, if we have the next generation born in the conflict zone.
(another mod cost saving method maybe):whistle::D

Attachments

• article-new_ehow_images_a05_57_nc_camouflage-hunter-gifts-babies-800x800.jpg
    article-new_ehow_images_a05_57_nc_camouflage-hunter-gifts-babies-800x800.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 29

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
It's weird - but not unheard of I don't think - I have heard about women who continue to have periods right through their pregnancy - she must have felt the baby moving surely - I can remember when I was carrying my little girl her bum used to stick right up in the air and if I laid in bed up against my partner she used to kick so hard he could feel it on his back.

Normally it's young teenage mums who say they didn't realise I think.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I saw the story on the news this morning, I mean it smells like bullshit because I can't believe somebody can be as thick as shit as this AND in the military?! I can understand Jeremy Kyle'rs but not our own MOD. I reckon there's a bit more than a simple 'whoops, I had no idea...'.

This x.

Maybe her fella fires blanks but she got caught with 'friendly fire' lol

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I reckon if she was a bit of a BIFFA she might not of known, although I doubt thats te case.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Something's fishy about it all. Okay, some slapper on one of Broken Britain's estates may get through a pregnancy without knowing but in the forces you have so many people around you, so many medicals, I doubt it could go undetected unless she was a big fatty.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So-called denied, or undetected, pregnancies are rare but in some cases women do not show a bump and continue to have periods for the duration of the pregnancy.

Research in Germany in 2002 found 25 out of 475 mothers did not realise they were pregnant until they went into labour.

There is a couple of paragraphs in that article which may explain it and I have heard of someone going through a pregnancy with no idea that they were pregnant. They were overweight to start with so any extra weight wasn't noticeable.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
God, some of you lot don't have a clue. Why on earth would someone LIE in her situation? It's not like she's a fourteen year old who's been in denial and desperate to keep the truth from her parents, FFS. She's a grown woman in a dangerous job, and I can't for the life of me imagine why she'd put herself and her child in that position if she knew.

Stop being such cynical old bastards, and just for once take a story at face value, rather than looking for some nasty angle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here