Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameron vs Davis - Who won?...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Question Time debate made for interesting viewing tonight, but Davis had more substance so, for me, he was the more impressive figure.

However, I don't think he'll win.

Silky Dave was always quality IMO, but Corky & M.A. thought he was useless. Danny Davis sure cuts an impressive figure for Worthing these days..............

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Both are losers. Although Cameron's comments on drugs are the most progressive from a prominent politician in a long time.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ccider said:
Who cares?

:yawn:

I do.

You need a decent opposition to keep the current government in check. It works both ways and its called democracy.

Cameron supports Falmer - he can be PM for all I care. Whatever else they say, they will do the opposite.

I think it is hilarious, the whole party politics business. For years they will agree with each other other and disagree with every last thing their opponents do. Then, when there is a chance of promotion, they will slag each other something chronic. :nono:

Whoever has the best comedy script writer should get it - that's all the Westminster seems to entail now - telling jokes and waving papers making sheep noises. And these buffoons decide who we should bomb the crap out of. :censored:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Both preformed well I thought with Cameron's strategically coming out on top. Cameron will win the race I'm sure and give Labour a run for their money.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought Davis came out on top and made Cameron look like the novice he is. But it is Boring Grey Man ( John Major mark 2 ) V Annoying little upstart. Brown would eat Cameron up for breakfast I think.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
And what has he done? By the time Blair was Cameron's age, he'd already scrapped clause 4. That's the risk if Cameron wins - that Brown and Labour will throw everything at him and show he's not up to it. But if he can survive that, Labour better watch out. He's a very good communicator and looks good; Brown isn't and doesn't. That will work to the Tories advantage and may play for a " time for a change" feeling which will bound to have grown through the 3rd Labour term. I think Labour underestimate him at their peril.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It will also help that Cameron has a disabled daughter.

Call me cynical but that wil be used by the spin doctors in run up to elections and to show he is in touch with the 'punters'.

Last edited:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
_38168995_toryboy150bbc.jpg

which would YOU prefer?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cameron 1/10
Davis 11/2

William Hill

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Cameron doesnt seem to have any policies, but then those that Davis have are abit crap.

However, and why this is made more public i dont know, Cameron is a supporter of the idea of flat tax. which if they keep the rebate for pensions is a good thing for just about everyone except accountants

(waits for onslaught against).

Dandyman

In London village.
beorhthelm said:
Cameron doesnt seem to have any policies, but then those that Davis have are abit crap.

However, and why this is made more public i dont know, Cameron is a supporter of the idea of flat tax. which if they keep the rebate for pensions is a good thing for just about everyone except accountants

(waits for onslaught against).

hmmm...a wealthy Old Etonian wants to be subsidised by working class tax payers & the next suprise is ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Dandyman said:
hmmm...a wealthy Old Etonian wants to be subsidised by working class tax payers & the next suprise is ?

by definition, with flat tax no one subsidises anyone, everyone pays the same. Thats TRUE equality for you.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
beorhthelm said:
by definition, with flat tax no one subsidises anyone, everyone pays the same. Thats TRUE equality for you.

No it is not. It is regressive taxation. 20% of £25K a year represents a far greater real slice of your income than 20% of £100k a year. Keep your Yankee fantasies on the other side of the pond, thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here