Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameron decides to take the pay rise.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No. I think they are underpaid. What I take umbridge with is saying you won't take it, then take, then state you don't agree with it but still take it. Utter, utter slimeball.

so we can expect you to post a similar rant about the other few dozen MP's that said they'd wouldnt take the pay rise, but then take it anyway? shall we ask Bozza for its own sub-forum?

though i will note i dont believe he ever actualy said he would refuse it, just that he disagreed with it. which of course he has to say in the economic climate. silly boy shouldnt have appotined an independent body to oversee MP pay, because there was only ever one outcome.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Nibble seems to have missed the fact that from now on MPs pay will be linked to public sector pay rises .... that they now have to contribute more to their pensions .... that they now get a smaller pay out when made redundant ..... oh silly me, that wouldn't suit his rant would it.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Even though he "doesn't agree with it"

What a ****. Again, Tory voters, hang your heads in shame. Will you ever learn. What will it take?

And that makes what difference exactly? Pay rise? Okay. Maybe. But to bang on about how much you don't agree with it but then trouser it anyway. Born a ****. Ministers like a ****. Will die a ****. ****.

No. I think they are underpaid. What I take umbridge with is saying you won't take it, then take, then state you don't agree with it but still take it. Utter, utter slimeball.

So you're happy he stated he would refuse it. Say he disagrees with it but take it anyway? Happy with that stance? From the leader of the country? Unbelievable.

And rightly so. What a joke this country has become. You're the mugs, defending the bloke. Turkey's voting for Christmas.

South-Park-Timmy-300x173.jpg

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The reduction to 600 MPs was laid out in the Conservative Party manifesto for those who didn't read past the mission statement :lol: Review in 2016 , implementation in 2018 so that in 2020 Labour will need a minimum12.5% swing to win enough seats to form the next Government.

I missed that. It's a start, but not enough though.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Wel, he did say were gonna go through these tough times together.
I surpose all the cuts he's made for us was always going to line hia pockets

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
hang on is that bullshit I smell
Oh no stand corrected its a U turn

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ha, well. Happy for the right wing contingent on here to throw their personal insults my way. Weak, futile gestures.
Nothing, nothing, will hide the fact that Cameron has accepted a 10% pay rise while he tells the country we have to tighten our belts . Not one of them has given a convincing argument. Pathetic.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Ha, well. Happy for the right wing contingent on here to throw their personal insults my way. Weak, futile gestures.
Nothing, nothing, will hide the fact that Cameron has accepted a 10% pay rise while he tells the country we have to tighten our belts . Not one of them has given a convincing argument. Pathetic.

he will be know as U turn dave
that will be three(3) this week alone
this one
care cap
bombing Syria
the old girl will be spinning in her grave

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think I must be one of the few people in the country that think that our MPs are underpaid.

I think you are right. But then so are many other professions, I will start with teachers and nurses.

The difference is that one lot seem to get more pay rises than others.

.... and lets not forget that many of one lot also seem to have very effective ways of accumulating wealth. especially after they retire.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

And what about your U turn and lie ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
he will be know as U turn dave

At best. He will likely be seen as the man that brought Britain to it's knees. He will be looked upon by historians as one of the worst things that happened to this country.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
And what about your U turn and lie ?

Which is?

If you're referring to my leaving the country, as I've stated before I am leaving in November. I run a business, provisions have to be made for staff, people who supply my business, people who have signed up to my services. I have a Stepfather with cancer that needs caring for. Unlike you lot, I honour my obligations.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Labour lost the election get over it, all this anti tory shit is boring now.

.......and that all from our representative in North Korea.

The next move will be to remove half the seats from the House of Commons.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

you gave an argument though yourself that they deserve more pay
maybe deserve more pay is a decent enough argument on its own

Pay rise? Okay. Maybe.

I think they are underpaid.

glad to see your playing the victim card as well

ticking all the boxes

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Mr Barber gets paid 500k to help run a football club. Some footballers make that wage in 1-3 days kicking a ball around. There's probably a CEO of a doughnut company that makes that in 1 hour. Just saying.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mr Barber gets paid 500k to help run a football club. Some footballers make that wage in 1-3 days kicking a ball around. There's probably a CEO of a doughnut company that makes that in 1 hour. Just saying.

Cameron is paid about 20% of what we were probably paying Leon Best.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don't see what the issue is, how many people on this board have ever refused a pay rise? And the salary for job he does is terrible anyway. Most CEOs will earn twice what he will and he's the CEO of an entire country. There can't be many more stressful jobs than being Prime Minister, regardless of which party you are in.

Brilliant post and spot on.

He should probably be paid twice what he is on given the responsibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here