Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Camcorder to PC problem

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Hello fine people of NSC. I have a problem that I need a hand with.

I recently brought a camcorder that takes the mini tapes. Having used it on holiday I wanted to copy the stuff on to my laptop in order to then burn it to DVD. The camera has a DV port so I plugged a lead into this then into the DV port on the laptop. However neither the computer or Nero / Movie Maker seem to recognise the camcorder.

Could it possible be that the port on the PC does not accept the input? It is a Samsung VP-D381 and yes I have tried turning it off and on again.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Hello fine people of NSC. I have a problem that I need a hand with.

I recently brought a camcorder that takes the mini tapes. Having used it on holiday I wanted to copy the stuff on to my laptop in order to then burn it to DVD. The camera has a DV port so I plugged a lead into this then into the DV port on the laptop. However neither the computer or Nero / Movie Maker seem to recognise the camcorder.

Could it possible be that the port on the PC does not accept the input? It is a Samsung VP-D381 and yes I have tried turning it off and on again.

Hello mate

Try using Windows Movie Maker to download it, click on the link to download from digital device, turn the camera onto player and see how you get on with that, failing that you could give it to me and I can do it for you, but you'll have to find out who I am first lol.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Hello mate

Try using Windows Movie Maker to download it, click on the link to download from digital device, turn the camera onto player and see how you get on with that, failing that you could give it to me and I can do it for you, but you'll have to find out who I am first lol.

A brighton player :lolol:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
It is connected by firewire but the laptop is not reconsigning anything being attached to it.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Could be that your computer has the wrong USB driver - had to upgrade my PC to USB 2.0 (its quite old) before I could get anything out of my camcorder.

The camcorder does not have a usb connector, hence while I am using firewire, but will try the firewire driver.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here