Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cambridge Striker

mongoose

Jul 24, 2007
I expect £60,000 is about right, but it won't be officially disclosed (your club's request).

Chris Holroyd was our top striker and scored a goal every two games. Lately the new manager (a rebuilding season makes the dressing room awkward) and extra marking (always two, sometimes three) had taken the shine off his game, but like Reading, you will soon be singing about the bargain you got from Cambridge. He is better than Aggy Revell (I say that as a fan of Alex's work). Next time you buy a player off us, try to pay full wack. We need the money you cheapskates. If you come to Cambridge in a cup/friendly, buy loads of tickets.

We will return.

always enjoyed away trips to cambridge. good luck for the rest of the season

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Based on the description (as I have not seen him play) he seems to be a different type of striker than we have - IE: Quick and plays on the shoulder of the last defender. With Gus and Nicky helping him with his game I hope we have found a gem. I for one will welcome and support the lad rather than some on here comparing him with Johnny Dixon (totally different circumstances) and slagging him off before he has had a chance to prove himself.

Not to be negative but you can't really judge a player for better or worse before you've seen them play for us! To many times you see people on here getting carried away about signings and they turn out 2 be useless e.g. Micky Adams' lot. Also the player is always going to sound good because the club aren't going to say that they've just signed a really crap player are they? However I hope that this is a good move the club and the player turns out to be just what we are looking for!

I'm not judging him. All I'm saying is he sounds decent. Time and performances will tell but at least I am not slagging him off before he even starts.

If he's good enough for Gus that's good enough for me, we'll see how he does.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
I'm not judging him. All I'm saying is he sounds decent. Time and performances will tell but at least I am not slagging him off before he even starts.

If he's good enough for Gus that's good enough for me, we'll see how he does.

Ok, my post may not be aimed at you in particular but too many times on here people get carried away. Russel's signings in the summer who everyone went on about, it's only Bennett and Crofts (who is fairly non-existent) who even start. Imo we should sign a left mid play dicker in the middle and get rid of Navarro! Not a striker who will be third/ fourth string. Also u's fans on here have said he won't cut it, but I really do hope that they and I are proven wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here