Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cambridge Striker

MolineuxBlue

Jan 22, 2010
I'm hoping we beat Palace tomorrow, actually. How is Bennett?

Holroyd, I'm pretty sure, won't cut it but good luck to him.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
anyone know Cambridge Utd's forum?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
We take a punt in the jan window....... speculate to accumulate.......just maybe !!!! OK Dixon etc. did not make it .......This guy might (However i would advise this young man that he has everything to prove.... )

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
I'm hoping we beat Palace tomorrow, actually. How is Bennett?

Holroyd, I'm pretty sure, won't cut it but good luck to him.

Bennett is pure quality , clearly don't understand why he is here, to be fair to the guy he could be playing in the championship.

Sir Dougie Freedman

Dec 8, 2008
I'm a Wolves fan who follows Cambridge and registered on here for no reason other than to see what the latest was on Chrissy, but you've got Elliot Bennett, so theres a tenous link.

Anyway Holroyd is shit. Runs around a lot, fast. Scores penalties. Crap in the air. Lightweight. Inconsistent and often invisible. One goal since October. Thanks for the money guys.

Completely agree. I'm pretty sure Jai Reason would be a good signing for Brighton eh MolineuxBlue

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why all the negative comments before he has even kicked all ball for us? ffs chill out. We just may have discovered a diamond.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Forster, Murray, Dickinson, Holroyd, (Davies on loan)

Something has to give surely.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Forster, Murray, Dickinson, Holroyd, (Davies on loan)

Something has to give surely.

Davies is on his way surely? Otherwise we need 4 strikers for 2 positions. I'd say Hart will leave at the end of the season as well.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Why all the negative comments before he has even kicked all ball for us? ffs chill out. We just may have discovered a diamond.

There has only been a couple of negative comments on the thread, most people are in the same boat as us, its worth a gamble init.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
On the club site now. Sounds like a half decent player :clap2:

Not to be negative but you can't really judge a player for better or worse before you've seen them play for us! To many times you see people on here getting carried away about signings and they turn out 2 be useless e.g. Micky Adams' lot. Also the player is always going to sound good because the club aren't going to say that they've just signed a really crap player are they? However I hope that this is a good move the club and the player turns out to be just what we are looking for!

Last edited:

Lurid

Jan 23, 2010
Cambridge fan, here to see how much we got...

I expect £60,000 is about right, but it won't be officially disclosed (your club's request).

Chris Holroyd was our top striker and scored a goal every two games. Lately the new manager (a rebuilding season makes the dressing room awkward) and extra marking (always two, sometimes three) had taken the shine off his game, but like Reading, you will soon be singing about the bargain you got from Cambridge. He is better than Aggy Revell (I say that as a fan of Alex's work). Next time you buy a player off us, try to pay full wack. We need the money you cheapskates. If you come to Cambridge in a cup/friendly, buy loads of tickets.

We will return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here