Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cambridge Striker

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Is he a Barry Lloyd recommendation ???
f***ing hope not.

I can't see Gus getting players in that he does not rate. And to be fair Lloyd's record with spotting strikers aint that bad............

Byrne
Small
Nogan
Nelson?

Although I admit that I don't really trust his scouting skills fully!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
İbrahim Tatlıses;3315672 said:
60k is definitely a gamble worth taking but - why so cheap? He must be gash

No, Michael Gash plays for York, not Cambridge.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I can't see Gus getting players in that he does not rate. And to be fair Lloyd's record with spotting strikers aint that bad............

Byrne
Small
Nogan
Nelson?

Mark Gall as well but that was a long time ago.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Byrne
Small
Nogan
Nelson?

And dont forget Bomber!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I reckon he's good enough, he's a huge threat over the top due to his incredible pace, he plays on the shoulder of the defence. (Not literally though that would be good..)

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Im going to wait until his first game, if he doesnt get a hatrick then I can only assume he is not up to the job of playing at a club whom I believe will be pushing for the champions league within two seasons!

:jester:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It wasn't you that started the "Oh shit not Revell" thread when we signed him was it? I'm sure it was someone who had a Cambridge supporting mate :lolol:

It may not have been this guy, but whoever started it was worth listening to - Revell was and is f***ing useless and lazy! Where did he end up exectly? :ohmy:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It may not have been this guy, but whoever started it was worth listening to - Revell was and is f***ing useless and lazy! Where did he end up exectly? :ohmy:

We can argue about whether Revell was useless or not but surely no-one could describe him as lazy. He must be the hardest-working striker we've had since OGH arrived.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
scored 14 in 18, at the start of this season, cant be that bad

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
At least this guy is more prolific that Jonny Dixon was at Aldershot. I remember when he signed I presume he was scoring a shit loads of goals in the non league only to see he wasn't even Aldershot's top scorer.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Apparently has become unsettled and his performances have taken a hit, definitely worth a game imo.

Sensible post from you which i agree.

His form has dipped recently but i put down to speculation and transfer rumours.Maybe he isn't giving 100% in case he picks up a serious injury.

Poyet must of watch a load of videos on him as well to make his decision on him and saw something in him?

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
At least this guy is more prolific that Jonny Dixon was at Aldershot. I remember when he signed I presume he was scoring a shit loads of goals in the non league only to see he wasn't even Aldershot's top scorer.

Probably assessed through the bottom of a beer glass.

Cufc83

Jan 18, 2010
Cambridge fan here
Holroyd definately isn't crap but i do feel he will benefit more at a higher level.
Scored loads first half of the season but has since had 2 or 3 players marking him allowing Danny Crow to get the goals.
Really good finisher though.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Cambridge fan here
Holroyd definately isn't crap but i do feel he will benefit more at a higher level.
Scored loads first half of the season but has since had 2 or 3 players marking him allowing Danny Crow to get the goals.
Really good finisher though.
Have you heard any concrete news at your end?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here