Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling Manchester or northern based seagulls

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
byf said:
Are you joking???

I live right on the dam head border..some call it dam head where we live.

Hapurhey is god awful..but blackley is ok...not gr8 but ok.
South manchester is nice around sale and brooklands and altrincham. places like wythenshaw arnt too clever though.

Yeah I live next road up from the fire-station..next road on the right if your going up rochdale road. Colindale if you know it?

Yeah there are some asbo's in the area..ha ha.

Yeah defo..cant believe theres two in so close distance..

Seagulls over Blackley..My gf prob knows yours..small world!

What road you live on?

Small world eh!!

Not sure of the road names so dont no Colindale but if you take the right off rochdale road coming from town between the fire station and park , then the first right again, and third left into the estate, high view walk, thats where im living. Cant be far from you! Its like a maze round there!

My girlfriends actually from alkrington in middleton, which's pretty nice but they're having an extension so she's been living at her granparents for quite a while and looking to get her own place anyway, so im living there with her for a couple of weeks, been up there a lot for the last 8 months anyway since we got together so no the area fairly well.

Yeah harpurhey is easily one of the worst parts of manchester, Blackley's not too bad i s'pose i've never seen much trouble.. but south manchester's got so much more to offer than north, the busses run all night for a start (as apposed to stopping at about half 11 along rochdale rd!!), and there's some decent leafy parts, im doing a PGCE at the mo in didsbury tho so looking for a flat with a mate along wilmslow rd somewhere.

Went home to sussex last weekend though and after spending a few days walking round Brighton again I wanna move back!! :(

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
you going tommorrow?

cos me and 3 others are leaving about 11ish and your more than welcome.

yeah i miss it bigtime down there..but i know i'll be back there in 3-5 years.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
byf said:
you going tommorrow?

Ditto.

I'm not going tomo mate no, thanks for the offer but really skint at the mo and got a viewing for two flats in the afternoon, going to doncaster though in a few weeks- maybe could arrange a bit of a manchester meetup?!

I'll look out for the blue and white stripes round dam head and blackley then from now on!!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Yeah defo mate.

Going donny..so will have to round up the troops.

Dont worry about looking about for blue and white stripes..just keep your head down and hope you dont get shot.

Seaaaagulls over BLACKLEY!

:clap:

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
byf said:
Yeah defo mate.

Going donny..so will have to round up the troops.

Dont worry about looking about for blue and white stripes..just keep your head down and hope you dont get shot.

Seaaaagulls over BLACKLEY!

:clap:

:lolol:

Definately have a get together for that one.

Seagulls over DAM HEAD!! :wave:

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
byf said:
Yeah lets sort out a seagulls manchester pi** up!

WHEN WHEN WHEN!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Oldham away? Sat 16th December?

The Lass O'Gowrie? Even el press et al might head over for a few pre/post beers in the lass.

Although in saying that you'd have to come into Manchester just to head north again.

Although Donny is before that, so we'll round up the troops for that one. Are there any other Manc seagulls planning on heading to donny by train?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
me +1

Seeeeeeaaaggulls.

THE NORTHERN FRONT!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Guide to a night out!

http://www.manchesterbars.com/

The Locks - Very Protentious but very hot women

Mojo's - One the best rated bar's in Manchester - An american Rock n Roll bar that does cocktails, plays everything from the Phonics to the Who, want to know that tune thats playedm, easy..the name of the track is on screen behind the bar!

My Fave Bar in the city!

In the summer everyone goes to "Dukes92" alongside the canal!

Manchester is wicked and depending where you live is cool as fook! I love it....Loove it!!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
tomysupercup said:
Oldham away? Sat 16th December?

The Lass O'Gowrie? Even el press et al might head over for a few pre/post beers in the lass.

Although in saying that you'd have to come into Manchester just to head north again.

Although Donny is before that, so we'll round up the troops for that one. Are there any other Manc seagulls planning on heading to donny by train?

Im going to Donny, not going by train though! :(

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Sorry try this one...

tilllate UK - Manchester

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Northstander said:
Guide to a night out!

http://www.manchesterbars.com/

The Locks - Very Protentious but very hot women

Mojo's - One the best rated bar's in Manchester - An american Rock n Roll bar that does cocktails, plays everything from the Phonics to the Who, want to know that tune thats playedm, easy..the name of the track is on screen behind the bar!

My Fave Bar in the city!

In the summer everyone goes to "Dukes92" alongside the canal!

Manchester is wicked and depending where you live is cool as fook! I love it....Loove it!!!

Yeah the city centre for its bars/clubs and general vibe cannot be beaten in england as far as im concerened..

Revolution on the locks is my fav pre-club bar..hot woman and all seem readily available even for the less gifted in the facial department.

Its got a gr8 mix of new builds and left the old character aswell.

Shame I come from the worlds best city..(Brighton if you were wondering) hence the high expectation that the city has on my general opinion.

Ian brown quote-"manchester has everything baring the sea"!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Northstander said:
If you like Fit women, Very fit women and good music then you need to go here.....

http://www.clubzone.com/photos/

"Ampersand", not cheap but bloody good!!!

:rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave:

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Yeah thats my fav club in manchester and the whole of the uk.

Never pull in there though..the woman all look like wags,but briliant music and gr8 night out.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I love Brighton! But I also love Manchester and when you move about the place...you start to appreciate there are some f***ing great places that match Brighton!

I find that Manchester has it all for everyone, Indie bars, House clubs, Garage Clubs, R & B Clubs, Glamour Clubs, good restaraunts, CRACKING women :lolol: and I think it has a buzz about the place for some strange reason!

I still want to get back to Brighton though, it's my home end of the day!

I have been here two years now and never seen a fight in town, I live in a nice plush pad alongside the canal! Its GREAT!

:lolol: :lolol:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Northstander said:
I love Brighton! But I also love Manchester and when you move about the place...you start to appreciate there are some f***ing great places that match Brighton!

I find that Manchester has it all for everyone, Indie bars, House clubs, Garage Clubs, R & B Clubs, Glamour Clubs, good restaraunts, CRACKING women :lolol: and I think it has a buzz about the place for some strange reason!

I have been here two years now and never seen a fight in town, I live in a nice plush pad alongside the canal! Its GREAT!

I love the city....But not enough to ever stay here.

The people I find very rude indeed and their arrogance gets tiring.

But Dean wilkins is in charge..jakeys on the best scoring form of his career and im not gonna be bald for at least another 3 year soooooooooo.....

ALLLLLBION ALLLLLLLBION

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
byf said:
you going tommorrow?

Had a last minute change of plan- decided to go tomorrow now.. you probably wont get this before you leave anyway but i'll be going from victoria about the same time as you prob getting the 11.09 or 12.09 train from victoria... Can't wait!! :clap2: :clap2:

SEEAAAAAGULLS!!!!!:albion:

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Northstander said:

I agree manchester has nightlife to suit all tastes, but i hate the city centre on a friday/saturday night, too many scallies around.

The northern quarters great though, some great hidden gems like lemmars bar at the top end of hilton street and moon bar round behind piccadilly.

For clubs though.. Nothing beat sankeys! Not too impressed with the referb though- the warehouse project on at the moment though is brilliant!

Great city but for me Nothing beats Brighton.

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
byf said:
I love the city....But not enough to ever stay here.

The people I find very rude indeed and their arrogance gets tiring.

Been here 9 years. Live near Oxford Road station.

Maybe your just talking/meeting the wrong people!

You get rude people everywhere, you get arrogance anywhere. To suggest that Manchester has a higher proportion that any other city is ridiculous. Brighton is an amazing place, one of my favourite cities in the world but can we finally put to bed the whole north south thing. There are horrible, towns/cities/people everywhere.

Stevenage, Hatfield, Gillingham, Reading, Western Road Brighton all soulless hellholes, and all in the south BUT does that mean that all the people who live/work there are rude/thick/boring/arrogant? No!

Anyway I'm getting a bit concerned about the Manchester NSC plush bars love in! Give me sankeys, cord, the music box, the lass o Gowrie, the phoenix, Centro!

So Northsatnder you still to the Warehouse project next Friday??

What about Oldham, do people fancy meeting for a few beers beforehand somewhere in town?:drink:

northwicha

Oct 29, 2006
NOT talking clubs here, cos I was too young (tho I saw a fair few gigs), but.. Used to love popping up to Manchester in the early 80`s- Amazing mills steeped in history- real escape from the small town.
Reallly don`t know about the night-life these days, but I can imagine the locals have had their city taken over. Certainly looking at the new buildings- v brash, but Anywheresville- and all that concrete and glass- sorry not impressed- I`d rather keep the memories of the mills and the character.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Northstander said:

Leeds is better than Manchester in my opinion, being in Huddersfield i can get both within easy travel for a night out then the airport train home at soem ungodly hour in the morning.

As for being rough up North some parts of cities will be and i reckon if you lived in Whitehawk you wouldn't exactly like it much either. Cheap beer, cheaper houses than down south - believe me there is nothing to be proud of having an expensive house that someone up north has an exact rep,lica for 100k less - Who's been ripped off?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here