Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling all H blockers...

Leave the Stewards alone!!!

I have sat in H block in the same seat for about 5 years now and the constant berating of the stewards is completely unnecessary and has become tedious and boring. Yes you pay your money... etc, but the stewards are there to do a job and we need to respect that.

What has become apparent to me is that the chief organizers of the game who go about assigning the stewards before hand have no clue what they are doing. The Leeds fans were left to stand for the entire game without any effort from the 4 or 5 stationed stewards to do anything. this creates a problem as it contradicts the no standing policy when we are then forced into are seats, thus giving Leeds or any other team the edge by standing and bellowing out their chants.

Something needs to be done but the Stewards are directed to do what they do and are all nice enough people and they get far to much abuse, not banter, from the home fans.

I don't know whether I should mention anything on "ask the club" as something needs to be changed.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm glad I don't sit anywhere near there anymore, it was frankly pathetic.

At other league grounds the antics in there would see people constantly thrown out on mass.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
H block goons laying into stewards = dicks.

Stewards = jobsworth wankers today.

Murrayminters = hypocrite, I made the same point on here and he had a pop at me the other week.

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
Some of the chants an shouts do tend to get quite personal , about sexual orientation and size im sure if the said steward retotrted something simmilar back all hell would break loose but because they wear an orange Jacket and are doing what they are told, and paid to do they are prone to abuse ,
i go to a football game to support my team and get behind them .How is throwing abuse at a male or female steward helping the team ?

H block goons laying into stewards = dicks.

Stewards = jobsworth wankers today.

Murrayminters = hypocrite, I made the same point on here and he had a pop at me the other week.

No I was having a go because you were criticizing the support and I was pissed off because H block is the only support.

I am and have always been against the abuse of the stewards and at some points it is banter but yesterday it was entirely inappropriate.

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
I had to sit in H block for the game yesterday, never again! The H block neanderthals seemed more interested in winding up the stewards standing up every 5 minutes instead of watching the game and supporting the team. Loads of little spotty, skinny teenage tw*ts who think they're hard, but look about 10 years old. Truly laughable. Muppet sat next to my dad calling everyone a c*nt every five minutes. Another lovely lad behind me called his Dad a c*nt when he asked him to put his rain coat on when in was p!ssing it down. Truly embarrassing that these sub-humans support the same club I have all my life.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
I had to sit in H block for the game yesterday, never again! The H block neanderthals seemed more interested in winding up the stewards standing up every 5 minutes instead of watching the game and supporting the team. Loads of little spotty, skinny teenage tw*ts who think they're hard, but look about 10 years old. Truly laughable. Muppet sat next to my dad calling everyone a c*nt every five minutes. Another lovely lad behind me called his Dad a c*nt when he asked him to put his rain coat on when in was p!ssing it down. Truly embarrassing that these sub-humans support the same club I have all my life.

I sit in H block and i agree it is shit house but i've never heard anyone call there own father a cunt. there are some people in there who do try and make some atmosphere but they are dragged down by the tools :shootself

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was amused to see a couple of stewards manning the away end on wednesday night. The completely empty away end (the wycombe fans were moved to the family stand). So pointless.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I don't know whether I should mention anything on "ask the club" as something needs to be changed.

Yes, I think you should. IMO there needs to be a definitive reason(s) given as to why supporters in H Block are supposed to remain seated: & away fans are seemingly imune from the same policy being exercised towards them. I have NEVER heard a single reason given by Stewards or Club Officials that provides a completely satisfactory answer to the question, so good luck with your quest hon..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes, I think you should. IMO there needs to be a definitive reason(s) given as to why supporters in H Block are supposed to remain seated: & away fans are seemingly imune from the same policy being exercised towards them. I have NEVER heard a single reason given by Stewards or Club Officials that provides a completely satisfactory answer to the question, so good luck with your quest hon..

But for some people, no answer will ever be satisfactory.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
But for some people, no answer will ever be satisfactory.

That's probably true, but I think the majority of those who would like to know why the club continue to enforce this selective policy would accept a valid reason. At least everyone would no where they stand. Or not, as the case may be.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
No I was having a go because you were criticizing the support and I was pissed off because H block is the only support.

I am and have always been against the abuse of the stewards and at some points it is banter but yesterday it was entirely inappropriate.

That end of the first paragraph is complete rubbish. I sit in the family stand because I have young kids and some of the language in other parts of the ground is not appropriate for them.

This does not mean that I/we do not support the team vocally, we just choose to do it without launching a foul mouthed tirade at anyone else. Some of the stuff that comes from the so-called singing stand is quite frankly embarrassing.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I sit in H block and i agree it is shit house but i've never heard anyone call there own father a cunt. there are some people in there who do try and make some atmosphere but they are dragged down by the tools :shootself

I sit with my son and if he ever dared to swear at me or anyone else, he would be leaving the ground immediately. He is 14 but he has been brought up with manners and respect for others. Pity this country is being dominated by those that have neither of those qualities.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The above point made by SS is relevant I feel

When we first went to Withdean, was it blocks H and J were deemed singing blocks?

A slightly contradictory concept IMO

Sitting singing blocks!?

If the current outcome, with all the standing, was foreseen, they probably wouldn't have designated ANY block as singing :dunce:

That end of the first paragraph is complete rubbish. I sit in the family stand because I have young kids and some of the language in other parts of the ground is not appropriate for them.

This does not mean that I/we do not support the team vocally, we just choose to do it without launching a foul mouthed tirade at anyone else. Some of the stuff that comes from the so-called singing stand is quite frankly embarrassing.

I am surprised you can hear us from the family stand. Bad language, abuse, banter... that sort of stuff is common place at football games and some things chanted are very bad for kid's to hear but that is what it is like at every ground.

The stewards can't really do anything about it can they?

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Ive sat in H block quite a bit over the last couple of seasons. There are some fantastic fans in H block but in addition to those, there are some complete tools who make me ashamed to be human let alone an albion fan. Their behaviour is a disgrace, its almost like they are trying to show off in front of their mates and gain points on each other.

It reminds me of Southampton last weekend. I had a fantastic time apart from being burnt on the hand queuing in the toilet at half time by some prat who was smoking. He was trying to hide it from the stewards when it happened. For christ sake, I am a smoker and do 20 a day, but what hardship is there in going the duration of being in the stadium without having a fag? Its a sad state of affairs if you ask me!

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand

I have a season ticket in H block and like most think it a waste of time and effort having a go at the stewards
however yesterday one of the woman stewards gave the reason why leeds were not sitting down was down to them having a 'weak' team of stewards over there! that made me very pissed off as surely, like most away games i have been to the most stewarded area is the away area for obvious reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here