Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling all German, Austrian and Swiss based Seagulls!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Great news for us Central European exiles - Sport 1 (formerly known as DSF) are showing the Liverpool v Albion game live next Sunday.

Just for once we can all forget about live streams and buffering and be able to watch an Albion game on a TV screen.

Bring it on!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Anyone know where the match might be shown in Vienna? Stupidly I decided it would be a great place to visit over the last weekend of the half term hols (we were supposed to be away at Hull!). Guidance from Austrian fans welcome!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Anyone know where the match might be shown in Vienna? Stupidly I decided it would be a great place to visit over the last weekend of the half term hols (we were supposed to be away at Hull!). Guidance from Austrian fans welcome!

Flanagans should have it on. It's the only Irish pub I know In Vienna but I'm sure there are others!

=== * Flanagans Irish Pub Vienna * ===

If you have any other questions about Vienna, don't hesitate to ask!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Flanagans should have it on. It's the only Irish pub I know In Vienna but I'm sure there are others!

=== * Flanagans Irish Pub Vienna * ===

If you have any other questions about Vienna, don't hesitate to ask!

Great stuff. I will slightly amend our plans for Sunday to ensure we end up in Flanagans at around 5.30 (Austrian time). We should be cultured out by then, so a pint and a pie will come as a blessed relief...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Is this definitely on normal German TV,,,? Treat for El Loco if so...

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
yes DSF (Sport 1) received loud and clear here in Mayen ........ WOW!!!!!!
although they have a tendency to change their mind for a meaningless Handball game or similar at the last moment
but if so
a first in my 15 years over here...not sure if the 1983 FA cup Final was covered live ...could well have been...
but who cares I was at Wembley! this is a first!
party time! ...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
yes DSF (Sport 1) received loud and clear here in Mayen ........ WOW!!!!!!
although they have a tendency to change their mind for a meaningless Handball game or similar at the last moment
but if so
a first in my 15 years over here...not sure if the 1983 FA cup Final was covered live ...could well have been...
but who cares I was at Wembley! this is a first!
party time! ...
That was magic too...!

Sounds like it will be easier for you to watch than me...! I don't get ESPN and will need to find a pub showing it in Eastbourne.

ps I'm enjoying this website at the moment... we7 - Free Music, Listen to Music Free on we7 Radio - Love Your Music - Home - The Jam Radio

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Nice, if it happens!!! Will check it out closer to the time.. They always have one or two FA Cup games on.. Was hoping it would be this one!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Last edited:

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Isn't Germany an hour ahead of the UK? That's possibly why (Kick off is at 4:30)

excellent news : i thought it was a 4pm kickoff but as its 4.30pm thats perfect,
the only dangers now are a will buckley goal in the 97th minute which wont fit quite into the schedule
that ... and that skiiing and shooting business , or jumping off the end of a snowy slope , sledging with my mate where germany always comes first to fifth and an austrian will be sixth, highlights of the 1990/91 Bundesliga season and that ffs 2nd division handball game that could appear out of nowhere ...

still the crate of beer is ready for Albion, Albion , Albion and the Gus Bus!

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
Thanks Austrian Gull, I'm sure you've made many a foreign seagull happy.

Now this German-based gull will confuse matters: I'll be in Paris (so I can escape Karneval). Anyone any idea where to watch in the capital of grenouilles?

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
excellent news : i thought it was a 4pm kickoff but as its 4.30pm thats perfect,
the only dangers now are a will buckley goal in the 97th minute which wont fit quite into the schedule
that ... and that skiiing and shooting business , or jumping off the end of a snowy slope , sledging with my mate where germany always comes first to fifth and an austrian will be sixth, highlights of the 1990/91 Bundesliga season and that ffs 2nd division handball game that could appear out of nowhere ...

Du Arme! Sounds like you've been here too long... :)

Bet you can't wait for EURO 2012 German commentary for every game.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Thanks Austrian Gull, I'm sure you've made many a foreign seagull happy.

Now this German-based gull will confuse matters: I'll be in Paris (so I can escape Karneval). Anyone any idea where to watch in the capital of grenouilles?

Glad to be of service. Had a quick look for French coverage - it should be on France 4 according to this link:

FA Cup, 5 matches diffusés en direct les 18 et 19 février sur France 4. - Leblogtvnews.com

Manu Petit as co-commentator!

I couldn't get France 4's TV guide to work so no official confirmation.

Viel Spaß in Paris! Allez les mouettes!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria

These are all valid points spoken by a man embittered by Sport 1's tendency to cock around with their schedule.

I've had a look - we should be alright. There are no live events on that afternoon's schedule. Our only worry might be the following programme - German 2nd division highlights at 19.20. They've not left a lot of time for injury time...We might miss Buckley's 97th minute winner!

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here