Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling all disgruntled lager Drinkers - Get Kronenbourg served again at the Amex

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
So the large one say if enough people want it back the catering company may concider it.

So let them know! :drink::drink::drink:

elliott.moore@azure.uk.com

Catering improved - Page 6

Incidentally, on the way home, I phoned Elliott and told him about this thread, and about certain unhappiness about choices being taken away.

He explained how the pulling system works, and how because Kronenbourg sold in nothing like the quantities of Foster's, some of it had to be binned. The way he explained it kind of made sense, but don't ask me to repeat it because I will get it wrong.

Suffice to say, to put Kronenbourg back on without the same level of wastage (assuming similar sales figures) means a re-configuration of the cellar. It would take 'about five days'. However, if feeling is that strong about it, he will certainly look at it with a view to putting Kronenbourg back on.

So, I guess it's up to those who want it back on to write to Elliott and let him know.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Or drink proper beer.

This beer snobery is really rather dull and incredibly predictable. Btw i work in the drinks industry and do prefer ale to lager but i cannot work out why ale drinkers feel the need to always have a pop at lager drinkers.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What about a decent cider?
Strongbow =:sick:

I suggested Stowford Press as a potential candidate and was told it was "possible". It doesn't look like it's happening, which is a shame, but the problem is volume and Strongbow must be the biggest seller on offer, on draught anyway.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
This beer snobery is really rather dull and incredibly predictable. Btw i work in the drinks industry and do prefer ale to lager but i cannot work out why ale drinkers feel the need to always have a pop at lager drinkers.

I was only messing mate.

Love a pint of ale, but nothing beats a nice cold lager in the sunshine (or when on holiday)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Why cant strongbow be replaced by another draught cider like thatchers gold or stowford press. In a recent thread cider drinkers much preferred them. And I think that regular lager and ale drinkers would also drink it sending the cider sales up.Im no expert but in my opinion they are far superior to strongbow. Shame they dont sell Katy or vintage but that would probably lead to outbreaks of fighting amongst best best friends.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why cant strongbow be replaced by another draught cider like thatchers gold or stowford press. In a recent thread cider drinkers much preferred them. And I think that regular lager and ale drinkers would also drink it sending the cider sales up.Im no expert but in my opinion they are far superior to strongbow. Shame they dont sell Katy or vintage but that would probably lead to outbreaks of fighting amongst best best friends.

Well, his email's in the OP...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if people arent buying the stuff, in the interests of keeping options simple and therefore queues quicker, let it go. really, its a shame the choice is between Kronenburg and Fosters when there are far nicer lagers, even in "commercial" brands. Grolsch and Beck spring to mind. or Krombacher which is biggest seller in Germany but not considered "premium" here so cheap when ive seen it on tap. or Bitburger, or Warsteiner. basicly something Germanic, they know what they are are doing in the lager arena.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I suggested Stowford Press as a potential candidate and was told it was "possible". It doesn't look like it's happening, which is a shame, but the problem is volume and Strongbow must be the biggest seller on offer, on draught anyway.

Unfortunately, I doubt there's enough people who would buy cider to warrant another in place of/additional to strongbow. As shit as it is, it's likely to be the best seller of the cheaper variety.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Unfortunately, I doubt there's enough people who would buy cider to warrant another in place of/additional to strongbow. As shit as it is, it's likely to be the best seller of the cheaper variety.

Yes, unfortunately that's the truth of it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If we had a normal stadium I would agree ie turn up at 2:30 quicky at half time and leg it at the end. But we dont, its like a giant pub so a good choice should be available of quality pints to keep all those that turn up early and stay late happy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Krombacher which is biggest seller in Germany but not considered "premium" here so cheap when ive seen it on tap. or Bitburger, or Warsteiner. basicly something Germanic, they know what they are are doing in the lager arena.

Correct answer Sir. Maybe throw in some Brewdog as well.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If we had a normal stadium I would agree ie turn up at 2:30 quicky at half time and leg it at the end. But we dont, its like a giant pub so a good choice should be available of quality pints to keep all those that turn up early and stay late happy.

Nail hit on head

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

It might be like a giant pub but that is only on about 25 days of the year!!!! I am pissed that the Kroneburg has gone but I suspect it has more to do with margins than it does with quantity sold. Prices are going up everywhere, pies, pints and programmes so if they can get a cheaper product and sell it with a better margin then more money to the club. There will of course be the usual crowd that bang on about you need higher prices to pay for the team blah blah blah. It seems that when we had crap facilities and no beer we had to pay extortionate prices so the club could survive, and we did. Now we are in our second season, we are now going to start paying extortionate prices for other reasons.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Don't have an issue with peoples' personal brand of poison,and I'd be RATHER fed up if my favourite was taken off.I'd just get to the game later and spend my money elsewhere.

So though I wouldn't drink lager unless in a very hot climate in summer somewhere lovely and overseas,I have a certain sympathy with those whose first choice is removed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here