Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling all Dads of 6-12 year olds...

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Mrs Coach said:
I thought it would be nice to put a team forward from the dads of Lil' Coach's junior side - the boys could train while the dads have a kick about - but I've just got an email back confirming the boys have to pay £6 each too.
That means it's £12 for each adult and child per week for a 50 minute session. I dont think they would be willing to commit to paying it for 11 weeks - that's £131 per couple.....

Blimy, and we charge the kids £1.50 subs for an hour and a half's training (with level 2 coaches)! I think we're undercharging then!

Anyone else think it's expensive? Or am I just pooooor!

To be fair there's a lot expenditure to get it up and running:

Pitch
Refs
Advertising
Ball boys

and all the time it takes to organise.

£6 per head is actually very reasonable. It works out a bit cheaper than Pitch Invasion and you get 15 minutes more football.

You are definitely undercharging them!

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I've already had emails back from people who would love to do it - but as they've got two boys 6-12, it would be £18 a week for them, and it's too much to find if you're on a budget.

I hope I get enough interest, I know of 3 dads and kids who want to, just need another 3 - perhaps any NSC dad's and kids on here who want to do it could come on our team? PM me if you do.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Mrs Coach said:
I've already had emails back from people who would love to do it - but as they've got two boys 6-12, it would be £18 a week for them, and it's too much to find if you're on a budget.

I hope I get enough interest, I know of 3 dads and kids who want to, just need another 3 - perhaps any NSC dad's and kids on here who want to do it could come on our team? PM me if you do.

Maybe you could get your team/s sponsored?

It'll keep the costs down for you and get a bit of coverage for the sponsor.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mrs Coach said:
I thought it would be nice to put a team forward from the dads of Lil' Coach's junior side - the boys could train while the dads have a kick about - but I've just got an email back confirming the boys have to pay £6 each too.
That means it's £12 for each adult and child per week for a 50 minute session. I dont think they would be willing to commit to paying it for 11 weeks - that's £131 per couple.....

Blimy, and we charge the kids £1.50 subs for an hour and a half's training (with level 2 coaches)! I think we're undercharging then!

Anyone else think it's expensive? Or am I just pooooor!

I don't think that's too bad. When I last played 5-a-side it was £7 a game just for one person (and that was four years ago).

To put into perspective: swimming lessons at our local school are £13 for half an hour; £6 for nearly an hour's coaching looks like a bargain to me.

Last edited:

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Yes, you're right - it's just a bit of a jump from the £1.50 they're used to paying per kid. But we're a voluntary organisation with no overheads really.
I'll emphasise the pro's - Lil' Coach and Coach would love to do it, we just need to put a team together.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Gwylan said:
I don't think that's too bad. When I last played 5-a-side it was �7 a game just for one person (and that was four years ago).

To put into perspective: swimming lessons at our local school are �13 for half an hour; �6 for nearly an hour's coaching looks like a bargain to me.

13 quid! Bloody hell. No wonder we never win any medals.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Mrs Coach said:
Yes, you're right - it's just a bit of a jump from the £1.50 they're used to paying per kid. But we're a voluntary organisation with no overheads really.
I'll emphasise the pro's - Lil' Coach and Coach would love to do it, we just need to put a team together.

Just spoke to my mate and he said they're reducing the kids price to make it:

£6 per adult
£4 per child

That's a bit better me thinks

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
This is great, get in.

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Dave the Gaffer said:
will the "dads" have to go through CRB checks?

serious question!

Jeeeez, we are only going to have a kick around, we aint taking other peoples kids on a camping trip.

serious point !!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Dave the Gaffer said:
you say that...at a local primary school one parent suggested that at sports day no-one should be allowed with cameras, video equipment, no "dads only" should be allowed, and if the school could not enforce these rules, she would take them to court.

I kid you not!

Well it aint up to that silly parent to make up law.

It is legal to take appropriate photos of anyone in public places, thats the law.

No-one can stop you and the football association rightly encourages appropriate photos to be taken. Check their website.

Now if the school decides on their land that they do not want photos taken then they can, but technically need a sign saying so.

Common sense was a wonderful thing !!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Who exactly is giving this expert coaching to my kids, whilst I cripple myself thinking that I am 22 again ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here