Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling all Dads of 6-12 year olds...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This looks quite interesting...

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~1028884,00.html

Little & Larger Football

A new football scheme is set to launch in June giving dads the chance to play five-a-side while their kids receive top quality coaching. Little & Larger Football commences on the Astroturf pitch at Falmer Sports Complex on Saturday 23rd June and runs for 11 weeks.

Catering essentially for over 30s dads and their sons, a 12-team five-a-side league will run alongside core soccer skills training for the children. Fully-qualified Albion coaches will coach the children - age groups six to eight and nine to twelve - and all participants receive a certificate upon completion of the course.

The men's league matches will kick-off at 10am, 11am or midday and last 50 minutes - the same length as the children's course - for the 11 weeks. FA qualified refs will take charge of the matches and trophies will be awarded at the end of the season.

Not every adult playing has to be a dad. Each team - a squad of eight players is recommended - has eight coaching session places allocated to them. Therefore a team could have one player with three sons; a child and four of their friends; or a player could take their nephew*. It's totally flexible.

The cost is just £6 per head, per week.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Why sons? Why can't daughters play, at that age there won't be much difference?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
will the "dads" have to go through CRB checks?

serious question!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Gwylan said:

What about the mums? ;)

Oh he says no everyone has to be a dad, suppose that means the mums can join in! :p

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Soul Finger said:
To take their own children to a football event?

you say that...at a local primary school one parent suggested that at sports day no-one should be allowed with cameras, video equipment, no "dads only" should be allowed, and if the school could not enforce these rules, she would take them to court.

I kid you not!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Dave the Gaffer said:
you say that...at a local primary school one parent suggested that at sports day no-one should be allowed with cameras, video equipment, no "dads only" should be allowed, and if the school could not enforce these rules, she would take them to court.

I kid you not!

I hope she was told to piss off.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:

I kid you not!

That's not unusual nowadays, I wasn't allowed to record my son in his Irish Dancing competitions.

The bastards could have told me before I bought the camera specifically for this purpose. It now sits there in a box in the loft as the wife won't let me use it for anything more interesting.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dave the Gaffer said:

I kid you not!
Bloody hell, I was about to say 'you're joking', but clearly you're not. At Daisy's school's sportsday, parents are actively encouraged to take pictures of their children and of the day generally.

That parent in question is taking child protection a bit far - in fact, it's quite pathetic, especially the 'no dads only' bit. Quite pathetic.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Gwylan said:

VERY good point Gwylan

WHY?

Well come on COMMUNITY CLUB answer please.

Wheres insider when you need him :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Large One said:
It's not being organised by the club.

There's an email address for the organisers at the bottom of that story, why don't you contact them via that?

Im joking.................

Cant see my two wanting to kick a football round for 50 mins.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Large One said:
It's not being organised by the club.

There's an email address for the organisers at the bottom of that story, why don't you contact them via that?

I already have.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
...and here's the response I got.

"It's easier to market to fathers and their sons. In no way is it intended to discriminate.

If we get enough people requesting places for their daughters then we will be more than happy to accommodate them in the 6 to 8 age groups. Absolutely no problem at all.

The whole idea came about from someone saying they couldn't play five-a-side anymore because they took their son to training."

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Gwylan said:
...and here's the response I got.

"It's easier to market to fathers and their sons. In no way is it intended to discriminate.

If we get enough people requesting places for their daughters then we will be more than happy to accommodate them in the 6 to 8 age groups. Absolutely no problem at all.

The whole idea came about from someone saying they couldn't play five-a-side anymore because they took their son to training."

Seems fair enough...

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Im joking.................

Cant see my two wanting to kick a football round for 50 mins.

I think it might be aimed at people's children that DO want to kick a ball around.

Just guessing like

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My daughters would rather run around on their scooters or those bloody heely things!!!

I hate football daddy :angry: :censored:

Well actually to be fair to my youngest Kelly (6) she does want to come next season :clap2:

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I thought it would be nice to put a team forward from the dads of Lil' Coach's junior side - the boys could train while the dads have a kick about - but I've just got an email back confirming the boys have to pay £6 each too.
That means it's £12 for each adult and child per week for a 50 minute session. I dont think they would be willing to commit to paying it for 11 weeks - that's £131 per couple.....

Blimy, and we charge the kids £1.50 subs for an hour and a half's training (with level 2 coaches)! I think we're undercharging then!

Anyone else think it's expensive? Or am I just pooooor!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here