Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Call me old fashioned....

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
Don't know who else was on but Alex Scott MBE has 140 caps for England and represented GB at 2012 Olympics. I think that gives her some kind of understanding of the game, don't you?

And since when did you have to be a sports superstar to commentate on sport? How many boxing world titles did Harry Carpenter win? How many FA Cups were won by Motty? How many Olympic ice skating gold medals did Barry Davies win?

Your argument is puerile and pathetic.

You have destroyed your case, playing the womans game hardly provides an understanding of the real thing.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Ahhhh so thats why you get to listen to the massively interesting Jamie Redknapp instead of, I dunno, Arsene Wenger.

"Why am I not allowed to say things that I just said and could say again without anyone stopping me" is a weird modern classic. :schelotto:

As for accusing others of name-calling... you dont own a mirror, do you?

I was speaking generally but you just can’t resist having a pop and getting personal because of bygones. FWIW, should be clear to you by now that I joined the many others ignoring your plague like existence on our (Brighton fans) forum some time ago. I’m just clarifying this for you so it’s abundantly clear. Anyway, going to pop you back on ignore so I don’t keep feeding the troll / your addiction to attention.:thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I was speaking generally but you just can’t resist having a pop and getting personal because of bygones. FWIW, should be clear to you by now that I joined the many others ignoring your plague like existence on our (Brighton fans) forum some time ago. I’m just clarifying this for you so it’s abundantly clear. Anyway, going to pop you back on ignore so I don’t keep feeding the troll / your addiction to attention.:thumbsup:

:bigwave:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I am for male presenters for men's football but having seen that wonderful Chairman and Co Owner Carol Shanahan for Port Vale on Sky today maybe I should change my mind, then again no.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Too True,With the large number of games being shown i can check to see which games i can avoid, should there be a particular game i did not want to miss i turn down the volume so that i am not distracted from the game.I feel so sorry for the real pundits who have to discuss the finer points of the game.
I also object to newspaper reports which are headed Man Untd or Albion but in fact are items regarding female footballers.

Don't know about newspapers - haven't read one for years - but the BBC, Sky News Sports and the Albion website do t all the time - headlines, with links to click on, with no indication whether it's the men's or women's games it's referring to - bloody annoying.
Perhaps they could do the women's news/results/news flashes whatever in a different colour, so we can see them for what they are and not bother reading them.

P.S. I have no objection to women playing football, of they want to; if people want to watch them, that's wonderful; if people are following digital media to find the latest news, great. But just stop trying to drag me into it!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Don't know about newspapers - haven't read one for years - but the BBC, Sky News Sports and the Albion website do t all the time - headlines, with links to click on, with no indication whether it's the men's or women's games it's referring to - bloody annoying.
Perhaps they could do the women's news/results/news flashes whatever in a different colour, so we can see them for what they are and not bother reading them.

P.S. I have no objection to women playing football, of they want to; if people want to watch them, that's wonderful; if people are following digital media to find the latest news, great. But just stop trying to drag me into it!

Maybe they could make the women’s news items pink :rolleyes:

You are so kind not having an objection on women playing football, thank you for your kindness. I also appreciate that when I go to the bbc sports page and see cricket and golf and multitude of male sports that I have zero interest in on the front of the sports page not dragging me in and to having to read them.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe they could make the women’s news items pink :rolleyes:

You are so kind not having an objection on women playing football, thank you for your kindness. I also appreciate that when I go to the bbc sports page and see cricket and golf and multitude of male sports that I have zero interest in on the front of the sports page not dragging me in and to having to read them.

Try that again please ............. in English?

P.S.No need to thank me. I think you'll find that having no objection to women playing football is quite normal, and not requiring thanks.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Most of the Male "experts" are idiots anyway. Plus they played at a time when football was a much inferior and different beast, so whats the difference.

Inferior players? absolute bollocks.....

I give you Clinton Morrison worst pundit on TV.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here