Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Call me as sad as you f***ing want......

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I worked at Preston Park in the ticket office.....................

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
You Heard Him Mods. I Can Call Him As Sad As He Likes. He's Offering Me This Opportunity.

I'm Going To Take Him Up On It.

Timothy. You Are A Very Sad Man. You Are Also, It Appears Broke As You Can't Afford To Pay Your Pledge Until Next Month - All Of £35. That Too Is Very Sad.

You Revel In Being A Bigot. In Fact You Gloat About It. You Are Truly Sad.

We Now Know You Have A Rather Banal Life Because You Rather Excitedly Post About It On Here. Sad Twat Personified.

You're A Grown Man Who Can't Spell. What A f***ing Saddo.

Sad, Pathetic And Frankly Dull Man. That's You.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Trip Down Memory Road Warning:

Used to live on Reigate Road between 1969 and 1979 (moved to Hove when I was 13) and so much of life seemed to revolve around Preston Park Station. We used to meet my old man each day when we were little and always used to catch the train to London from there - so it was always the starting place for an adventure.

Haven't seen it since then and despite not showing a whole great deal of it, that picture brought the memories flooding back. Stopping at the bakery at the end of Reigate Road on The Drove for a bun; looking longingly at the adjacent gate that lead to Debbie Beams garden wondering if she'd ever be my girlfriend again (and no she never was); the long walk down Hampstead Road (and the longer walk back up it) which eventually led past the very odd and forbidding looking buildings looming over it right at the bottom in what seemed like permanent shade; the odd walk along the path parallel to the station past the big concrete wall at the bottom end of the wood (owned by my friend Jackie's Mum and Dad); the odd, low tunnel and the frisson of fear/excitement; coming up the steps and onto the platforms.

Even back then, Preston Park Station felt to me like it was some sort of perfect train set station. It had a sense of having been put there just for us. It didn't really seem to have a clear purpose because Brighton Station was just round the corner (tantalisingly just our of site). After all, who else had a station at the end of their road?

Walking back up the hill we'd sometimes turn left and stop in at the Butchers on Robertson Road, or pick up some groceries at White & Wilson (the old fashioned grocery that had things in small drawers behind the counter, a man that delivered on a bicycle and a memorably large cold meat slicing machine). Then the hard march up possibly the steepest hill in Brighton - The Drove, and home again.

We used to play on the drove a fair bit as kids. We had an old fashioned blue scooter (we'll my sister did, but my brother and I nicked it) which you could just about sit on. As long as you were moving you would not wobble and fall off. Top to the bottom of The Drove (in nano-seconds) avoiding the steel handrail posts as you went, then rolling off just before you sped over Millers Road and down into the traffic turning past the PDSA (can't recall what it was back then - I think it was just a dog kennel??).

We'll I warned you it was a ramble. But vivid, vivid memories of Preston Park Station and the roads around it.

D

Deleted User X18H

This is Brighton and Hove community thread for Brighton and Hove people there is nothing for Brighton wannabees like you here.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I like trains

n786656634_535749_8310.jpg

Me learning to drive Stepney at the Bluebell Line

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tim's ok. He's not a bad lad really.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you can't say something nice or positive say nothing at all that is my mantra from now on.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good idea for a website but an awful layout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here