Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

calderon

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
as i have yet to see the player, and have only seen the ridiculously short highlights from yesterday, i would be really interested in nsc assessment of his first couple weeks here. have picked up a fair few good reports on him.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
ps. also as veteran of many away games over the years, i must congratulate every single one of you who went to villa. great stuff

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
IMO He is a class act, defended well for the entire game and I think Villa noticed this as well so they decided to target McNulty, he has really impressed me and is about 8 bilion times better than Whing OR Hoyte.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Haven't seen him against League 1 opponents so can't really judge. Thought him and McNulty were our weak links yesterday though.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
If he continues to prove a good signing I hope Gus gets him signed on a longer contract before the end of the season so we don't lose him to another side!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Calderon gets forward far too much IMO. If you've got an attacking minded right winger such as Bennett, you don't need your right back going walkies leaving one of your central midfielders to fill the void (As Crofts had to do numerous times yesterday).

Letting him get that far forward probably wasn't the best of ideas against a brilliant counter-attacking side like Aston Villa.

None the less, looks like a decent enough player.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Haven't seen him against League 1 opponents so can't really judge. Thought him and McNulty were our weak links yesterday though.

judging a full back's ability when up against two of the most talented wingers in the country....hmmm

is that judging or just knocking?

Calderon played well but had good cover from Bennett to back him up. McNulty struggled but had very little cover from midfield (nominally Dicker but no-one else responded by covering either) - that was the only disappointing aspect of our team play.

Calderon?........................legend in the making IMO:thumbsup:

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Thought he looked very accomplished in defense and used his experience well. Agree that he needs to form an understanding with Bennett and make sure we are not exposed when he goes on the charge but early days yet and would also agree he is better than Hoyte and Whing (on most recent form anyway).. `

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
And to think at the start people said he was only a freebie flogged at Poyet by Dean Cox's agent :lolol: class act, looking forward to seeing him more against league one opposition :)

Oct 25, 2003
i bloody LOVE him

when he controlled the ball IN THE AIR on his CHEST it made me wimper with excitement

amazing

i'd be surprised if he wasn't in the spain squad for the world cup

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I thought he did quite well. He looks like he needs more games to sharpen up, but he gets forward well and is comfortable on the ball. Deffo better than Whing or Hoyte.

He's got the rest of the season to prove he should be no1 choice for that position next season.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
do you think we may see further players, 1 or two anyway, coming from abroad?

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
You can see that he hasn't fully adapted to the English game yet. Despite this he is a great attacking defender it also looks like he's enjoying playing and i think he deserves to wear the Brighton Kit !
:clap2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was impressed with him yesterday and particularly when he collected the ball in our 6yd box and rather than hoof it away played it around the Villa player with supreme confidence.

I thought that whether itr was acting under instructions or not but McNulty stood too far off of Ashley Young which allowed him time and space to create havoc. We did the same against him when he played for Watford.

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
He played extremely well yesterday, getting forward when attacking and getting back to defend. He was everywhere on the right flank.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I was at the game yesterday and i thought he played really well. He does like to get forward and maybe he is still a little rusty, but he is a sound right back and i am sure he will pick up a longer contract sometime soon.

Must also say well done to all the players and the fans and of course the coaching staff, but a big well done to Virgs, though he had a cracker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here