Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon Signs!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So, he would rather come crawling back to us with his tail between his legs than sign for southampton on higher wages.

That's a good sign in itself, isn't it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm going to sit here a hold my breath, until this is announced official.

Please, please, please let it be true.

Oh, and to pre-empt all the "We don't want him back, blah, blah, disloyal, blah, etc"
I don't give a flying f*ck. Get Ini back on the bus. :clap:

You're spot on mate. And I remember reading one of your posts telling people to stop pretending he wasn't that good cos he's going to S'ton - Cos he was that good - :thumbsup:

And he still is that good...

And he's come back HOME!

People make mistakes in life - let's forgive and forget - He's one of the best players i've seen at Albion ever...!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
If it were possible, it stokes the fire with Stains even more. First fixtures to look for?

Love the way this broke too, via Caldy's Facebook.

PG

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This from the Argus, is KEY:

"Calderon has since spoken to Southampton and was expected to sign for them but he has rejected a more lucrative deal with Saints in favour of accepting Albion's original offer."

That is MASSIVE. He rejected Saints AND more money. Excellent.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I wouldn't TOUCH Calderon with el bargepoleo after he turned down the FIRST contract, couldn't Poyet have SIGNED a tried and TESTED English right back ?

Exactamundo

Immigrants 1

Andy Whing 0

This would NEVER have happened if Nick Griffin was PM :wink:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
saves on the pigs head we were going to throw at him next season

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It's like when your mate has a fantastically fit girlfriend. When they split up you tell him she wasn't all that and he can do better. You maybe even tell him that she made a pass at you and that turned her down 'out of respect'. And they they get back together and you have to then go back saying she is fit, he is a lucky man and you go back to ogling from the sidelines.

She is still fit, she wasn't that bad and you deep down are glad they're back together

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It's like when your mate has a fantastically fit girlfriend. When they split up you tell him she wasn't all that and he can do better. You maybe even tell him that she made a pass at you and that turned her down 'out of respect'. And they they get back together and you have to then go back saying she is fit, he is a lucky man and you go back to ogling from the sidelines.

She is still fit, she wasn't that bad and you deep down are glad they're back together

Thank you, Ian Holloway.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Swee-eeet Calderon
Good times never seemed so good
I've been inclined
To believe they never would"...

El newso superbo, mucho grande!

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
So, he would rather come crawling back to us with his tail between his legs than sign for southampton on higher wages.

That's a good sign in itself, isn't it?

This from the Argus, is KEY:

"Calderon has since spoken to Southampton and was expected to sign for them but he has rejected a more lucrative deal with Saints in favour of accepting Albion's original offer."

That is MASSIVE. He rejected Saints AND more money. Excellent.

Exactly on both similar points. Before I even read the story I thought 'I bet we haven't increased our offer' and that seems to be the case. I think Gus was a little too quick to throw his toys out of the pram on this occasion because I can understand an out of contract professional wanting to assess his options before commiting to anything, but I think Calde was always likely to play here if he could.

Well done both parties, situation could have been handled better all round but glad its worked out best in the end!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Totally agree. I'm so happy, I could cry!!!!

You're spot on mate. And I remember reading one of your posts telling people to stop pretending he wasn't that good cos he's going to S'ton - Cos he was that good - :thumbsup:

And he still is that good...

And he's come back HOME!

People make mistakes in life - let's forgive and forget - He's one of the best players i've seen at Albion ever...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here