• Calderon

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Vincelot

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
This is a most interesting thread.

Painter in my opinion is completely out of his depth and anyone who does not see this should look at the goals we have conceded this season and from which part of the set up a considerable number have originated.

Calderon is better but, if we ever hope for the Premiership, is not good enough either.

Vincelot has been mentioned many times on the thread and is an accomplished player who, for me, should start ahead of Painter every time until that particular position is resolved. Cook was excellent against Liverpool and may be a solution even in the short term but certainly in the medium term. (look how Lewis Dunk has risen to the challenge.

That Vincelot is able to play in various positions is great (but why didn't we start with him at LB tonight ?) and is therefore invaluable in the future.

That leaves only the subject of GK which has been mentioned at length on another thread. Admittedly, Casper reacted extremely well tonight to a couple of situations where ordinarily I would have closed my eyes but sorry a new song to be taken should possibly be the march 'Ankers Away'

Albion are good, indeed they are very good but cannot ever get much beyond that if we continue to haemorrhage sloppy goals as we have done this season thus far.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Calderon was awful in the first 30 minutes he was being ripped apart. However as soon as the pressure was off he pushed forward he looked composed and great .... What a dilemma !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here