Calderon new deal

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
steve cook signed 1 yr deal via twitter

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Well highlights, live TV and every 90 minutes on the player ... I agree it's no substitute but I reckon I could make a pretty fair judgement on all of our reg's which would be fairly consistent with those that go week in week out. Even those can't always agree Painter/Barnes are good examples I think. So I did qualify the statement but can't disagree I'd have a more informed view if I'd been there throughout

90 minutes on the player?? really?

serious question, have I missed that option?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think Calde will be just as good this season as he was last season :)

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I imagine this is to put off prospective clubs as much as anything. He's always been rumoured to attract interest from other clubs during transfer windows and I doubt this Summer will be any different. SO by signing a new contract, it shows commitment from both club and player and therefore will put off any potential buyers, or at least increase the fee.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I'm absolutely chuffed. Think it is fantastic news to be honest. Quality player, we were all so happy when he resigned, think he has a lot of potential and can really help this club and deserves a crack at the Championship.

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
I understand some of the concerns but these are all based on the last few games of the season when the pressure was off and Calde was guilty of some silly ‘lacks of concentration’ (putting it politely).

However, I remember many times during the season thinking how the opposition had got absolutely no chance of getting past him because he was being immense defensively.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Still a bit bemused by the constant slating of Chris Wood on here.

Calderon was only turd in the last few games when, as BHAMAN says, the pressure was off. Looking forward to seeing him charging past the Palace fullbacks on the 27th

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Excellent news. He's absolutely class and the best right back I've ever seen for Brighton. Chuffed he's signed an extension.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Calde,, new captain.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A 12 month extension to his present contract tells other clubs a cheeky £1M+ offer will be rebuffed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here