Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Caicedo going on loan?

mugstud

Jan 28, 2012
I don't think it's that strange when he's clearly at the back of the line for a place in central midfield. I would assume we will now see Gros and Moder getting more games in the centre rather than at wing back now that Cucurella has signed plus Lamptey should be ready after the international break.
We have Bissouma, Lallana, Alzate, Moder, Gros, Mwepu for 2/3 positions. At best Caicedo would get the occasional cup game which doesn't do him/us any favours.
The one I do take issue with though is Zeqiri, but that's for a different thread.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
As a positive could this mean Lamptey is close to returning, thus removing the need for a midfielder to start in defence? That or it’s BDB!

More chance of seeing Lord Lucan pull on the stripes than Lamptey playing a full game before Christmas. Hope I'm wrong but I worry that he is the new Izzy.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Surely he's better than that level?
Should mean he'll get plenty of game time though.

I see USG are still top of that division though.
Pretty impressive stuff from them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
One could use the argument that this is a grade 1 failure of the recruitment team. To chase a young international player who has played and received rave reviews in the COPA to give us some exciting creative ( remember them) options in midfield …we then get him over here and after a couple of games and a few months of training….he is them sent out on loan to another country to a dreadful league compared to here and not only that, think he is only good enough to play for a shit team who are bottom of their second division.

I am all for giving players a chance, but if he is only good enough to play the equivalent of our 3rd division at a push, why chase him so hard to get him here? Did we not have him watched at his games or is this another brilliant bit of business by his agent!

Also why didn’t we send him to Spain, where at least they speak his language!!!!!!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
One could use the argument that this is a grade 1 failure of the recruitment team. To chase a young international player who has played and received rave reviews in the COPA to give us some exciting creative ( remember them) options in midfield …we then get him over here and after a couple of games and a few months of training….he is them sent out on loan to another country to a dreadful league compared to here and not only that, think he is only good enough to play for a shit team who are bottom of their second division.

I am all for giving players a chance, but if he is only good enough to play the equivalent of our 3rd division at a push, why chase him so hard to get him here? Did we not have him watched at his games or is this another brilliant bit of business by his agent!

Also why didn’t we send him to Spain, where at least they speak his language!!!!!!

They are bottom of the first division.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
How is loaning him to the arse end of the Belgium league going to help him play in the PL? What is the strategy here? It just seems moronic.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Have to agree, this loan move is totally confusing for me. Surely a championship team, or a Spanish team (for the language), or Hibs or Union!!!!!!!. I feel sorry for the lad.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Have to agree, this loan move is totally confusing for me. Surely a championship team, or a Spanish team (for the language), or Hibs or Union!!!!!!!. I feel sorry for the lad.

If I were him, I would be on the first plane home

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If I were him, I would be on the first plane home

I thought this too. Thousands of miles from home, probably just grasping English and we ship him out to a club we have no links with and ‘no special’ relationship. We probably don’t even know much about the style of play etc. almost certainly due a rapid management change too.

This smacks of a complete lack of duty of care, I know football is cruel and big clubs treat fringe players like this all the time… it’s just, I never thought it’d be ‘my’ club.

I’d jump ship and go home too.

Awful decision.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I thought this too. Thousands of miles from home, probably just grasping English and we ship him out to a club we have no links with and ‘no special’ relationship. We probably don’t even know much about the style of play etc. almost certainly due a rapid management change too.

This smacks of a complete lack of duty of care, I know football is cruel and big clubs treat fringe players like this all the time… it’s just, I never thought it’d be ‘my’ club.

Awful decision.

I almost agree with the sentiment of this post. We of course are clueless in the promises made to this young player from the other side of the world so he may have known a move similar to this was on the cards. The point I am uneasy with is the signals it sends to other young prospects viewing the handling of signings to Brighton and whether it makes us a suitable club to sign for to play Premier league football. I am sure however the club has the players best interest at heart although mere supporters like us cannot see it.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I almost agree with the sentiment of this post. We of course are clueless in the promises made to this young player from the other side of the world so he may have known a move similar to this was on the cards. The point I am uneasy with is the signals it sends to other young prospects viewing the handling of signings to Brighton and whether it makes us a suitable club to sign for to play Premier league football. I am sure however the club has the players best interest at heart although mere supporters like us cannot see it.

Well said, and yes we can only ever judge from the outside in, but it doesn’t look or feel great.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Well said, and yes we can only ever judge from the outside in, but it doesn’t look or feel great.
No it doesn't feel good does it......made worse by the fact a lot of us wanted to see players like Moises, Khadra, Sima, Zeqiri and others break into the first team. We must be too impatient and for sure the coaching staff know far more than mere supporters and fans.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
No it doesn't feel good does it......made worse by the fact a lot of us wanted to see players like Moises, Khadra, Sima, Zeqiri and others break into the first team. We must be too impatient and for sure the coaching staff know far more than mere supporters and fans.

I agree. This has been one of the oddest transfer windows of our reborn era, I guess digesting that is a bit difficult. Although it’s obvious a clearing of the decks was authorised and sanctioned … it’s still left me feeling a bit uneasy… however, we need to put the club first of course, as anyone who’s been around long enough knows all too well.

Here’s hoping Moises does well enough to earn his chance here or elsewhere. I still feel a bit for him though… especially as his ‘place’ has seemingly been taken by the equally raw Richards… strange days indeed.

However, we’ve still got an awesome starting XI … so it’s not all doom and gloom :)

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Awful decision.

Couldn’t agree more. What an absolute shit decision. Lack of duty of care to the lad. He was just starting to grasp English and we then do this. I’d be flying home to Ecuador and telling Ashworth where to stick his loan deal. I have never felt the need to email anyone at the club before to express concern but I may do it on this one.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If you look at the club web site, they show the 1st team squad photos.
They are only allowed 25 players, the current list shows 24 players, so only one place remains to be filled, might have to be Locadia
Andone,Caicedo, Zeqiri, Khadra, Sima and Dendoncker, Karbownik, Molumby. Perm any one from eight and the other seven might get one game a season in the Micky Mouse cups. otherwise they are a waste.
So loan them out, next season when Biss is inevitably sold to a top team, Wellbeck retires through injury problems and Connolly is finally sold to a championship side, they might be able to step right into the Premier squad.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He's moving to a team in Antwerp, a city considerably bigger than Brighton. Presumably, he'll get a lot of games under his belt which will give him a chance to acclimatise to European football. A better standard would be nice but I guess the coaching staff have decided this is what he needs. Perhaps, battling it out for a lower-light will be better for him than coasting to victory every week with a top side.

As for the language issue, the squad includes 3 South Americans, 2 of whom are from Spanish-speaking nations, and there's a host of English speakers.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He's moving to a team in Antwerp, a city considerably bigger than Brighton. Presumably, he'll get a lot of games under his belt which will give him a chance to acclimatise to European football. A better standard would be nice but I guess the coaching staff have decided this is what he needs. Perhaps, battling it out for a lower-light will be better for him than coasting to victory every week with a top side.

As for the language issue, the squad includes 3 South Americans, 2 of whom are from Spanish-speaking nations, and there's a host of English speakers.

Good. That makes me feel much better about the situation especially about the presence of the three South Americans, and some English speakers.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Their fans seem excited and it's clear the Ecuadorians are paying close attention:

[tweet]1432831686757208064[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here