Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] [Caicedo] cleared out his locker at Brighton five days ago and has not been back at the club since

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
In the news talking about his difficult start at Chelsea and that.....

Liverpool agreed a £111m deal with Brighton for Caicedo before he chose to join Chelsea, a move he attributed to the Blues' sustained show of interest.

"Chelsea was with me for a couple of months. I could not miss out on them. Because they were with me in tough moments when Brighton didn’t want to let me go," Caicedo added.

Right'O those tough moments when the club did not want to sell you for 70 million and finally got ourselves and no doubt yourself a better deal,
tough moments my shiny chrome dome, tosser.

Everybody is aware that it goes on and accepts it I know, but doesn't this kind of openly imply constant tapping up of our then player by Chelsea?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Everybody is aware that it goes on and accepts it I know, but doesn't this kind of openly imply constant tapping up of our then player by Chelsea?
Ooops, which we've never done?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Slightly(!) off topic, but this seems like a reasonable place for it rather than a new thread .............................. from one who couldn't wait to clear his locker and sever all ties with Brighton, here's a nice story from the BBC about an ex-player who did pretty much the opposite, our very own Bobby Z.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Slightly(!) off topic, but this seems like a reasonable place for it rather than a new thread .............................. from one who couldn't wait to clear his locker and sever all ties with Brighton, here's a nice story from the BBC about an ex-player who did pretty much the opposite, our very own Bobby Z.
Heartwarming, thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
Ooops, which we've never done?
I don't doubt we have. I just question why some seemingly illegal (not sure if that is correct) actions of clubs and agents are met with a collective shrug of the shoulders whilst some are seen as morally wrong. Either murky behaviour is monitored and clamped down on, or it is just left to slide, and everyone wastes time chasing their tails and complaining, with nothing changing. Why is it that clubs passing information to Romano to unsettle players of other teams is seen as morally reprehensible, but tapping up is seemingly OK? And who was the fourth gunperson on the grassy knoll?...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Great article. It’s also interesting that Luke Williams worked with us for a while.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Great article. It’s also interesting that Luke Williams worked with us for a while.
He's also very much into the same style of play. If his career continues in the current trajectory, he'll be a manager candidate in 43 years when Hurzeler retires.

Always loved this thread title - always makes me laugh whenever it pops up on NSC

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thanks for posting this - had no idea Zamora and Williams even knew each other, let alone had such a close bond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here