Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cack ex-pro pundits STEALING for living

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
attachment.php

Pie tester for Greggs, that is Garth Crooks, must top the list of worst punditry of all.
Very annoying to watch, even alongside that knuckle dragger Martin Keown :)

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 991

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I like the way NSC has to discuss the bad ones rather than the ones worth listening to. I like Leroy Rosenior, Gary Nevill and Steve Claridge. I expect the latter won't go down well but felt he works hard and tries to justify opinions.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I remember him telling Ruud Gullit that the rivalry between England and Scotland was like the one between Germany and Holland multiplied by a hundred. :lolol:

What a tosspot.
It probably is...................................................for the jocks.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Claridge, for all the abuse he used to get, was one of the few pundits with a decent knowledge of teams/football outside the top division. You may not agree with his opinions but at least he is aware of the teams and players playing in the Championship/Leagues 1&2.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
On the other side of the coin, who do you think are GOOD pundits? I would suggest Danny Murphy and Martin Keown - but I'll probably get shot down in flames.

It's all just personal preference but I tend to mute the box when Danny Murphy is talking, can't stand him.
Virgo is a little bit cringe, was terrible at the start.
I used to hate Lineker for being a right smarmy **** but he seems to have improved a little, either that or I'm more tolerant. Tend to find football on BBC is a poor offering in general, they only care about half a dozen teams and tend to only have safe pre-approved criticism. Utter gash.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I like the way NSC has to discuss the bad ones rather than the ones worth listening to. I like Leroy Rosenior, Gary Nevill and Steve Claridge. I expect the latter won't go down well but felt he works hard and tries to justify opinions.

I don't mind SC, his knowledge was reasonable seeing as how he had to be an expert on 72 clubs.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ian Wright. Appalling, every time. Too arrogant and too stupid even to take notice of England's opposition. Awful.

Have to say, I do quite like Wrighty actually. Somewhat unconventional, and near the knuckle with some of his views, (I know he has upset the BBC heirarchy in the past), but he obviously loves the game. Wears his heart on his sleeve.

Another one that I don't like is Jamie Carragher, although I may be biased because I disliked him intensely as a player.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Oh absolutely, I love Steve Claridge too, and miss him so much now that the Beeb's version of the Football League Show is no more.

Stumpy Tim

Another yes for both Martin Keown and Danny Murphy here. Shearer is utterly clueless who has lapped up his punditry work because he knows he would be a terrible manager.

For lower league, Claridge is actually decent. The shambles of Channel 5 highlights this 100%

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here