Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C4 The Comic Strip Presents - Friday the 14th October @ 21:00hrs

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
And it looks like the newly written one (is it a one off?) has the old gang in it, Nigel Planer anyway! The writers used to be, and forgive/correct me if I'm wrong, Ben Elton, Rik Mayall, Richard Curtis to name but three. Are they the writers of this too?

I don't recall Ben Elton and Richard Curtis being involved.

The core players were Rik Mayall, Ade Edmonson, Nigel Planer, Peter Richardson, Dawn French & Jennifer Saunders. Extras included Robbie Coltrane, Keith Allen, Kevin Allen, Ronald Allen (brilliant as a mincing queen in Five Go Mad In Dorset) Daniel Peacock and others.

My favourite character was Nosher, the Home Secretary in Eat The Rich.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't recall Ben Elton and Richard Curtis being involved.

The core players were Rik Mayall, Ade Edmonson, Nigel Planer, Peter Richardson, Dawn French & Jennifer Saunders. Extras included Robbie Coltrane, Keith Allen, Kevin Allen, Ronald Allen (brilliant as a mincing queen in Five Go Mad In Dorset) Daniel Peacock and others.

My favourite character was Nosher, the Home Secretary in Eat The Rich.

Yep you're right, I should have wikied it first!

The Comic Strip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sadly, or happily, whichever way you look at it I won't seeing it at 9pm cos I'll be singing like a schoolgirl at a Heaven17 gig! I'm sure it'll be available on the Sky playback thingy though, I have no idea how to record, bit thick on that!

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Looking forward to another "Comic Strip" hope Cherie watches and notes how hubby has fallen from publics thoughts.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
For the Comic Strip I thought that was very mediocre to say the least.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
4579686_l3.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Pretty sure it was Hotel Gayboy.

"My daddy's got a porsche"

Didn't see last night's as was at Rich Hall gig, but Hunt for TB had lukewarm reviews in the papers.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
I never really wanted to be a train driver, you know. I mean, they told me while at school, if I got two CSEs, when I left school I'd be head of British Steel. That's a lot of nonsense, ennit? I mean, you look at statistics, right. 83% of top British management have been to a public school and Oxbridge, right? 93% of the BBC have been to a public school and Oxbridge, right? 98% of the KGB have been to a public school and Oxbridge. All you get from a public school, right. One, you get a top job, right, and two, you get an interest in perverse sexual practices. I mean, that's why British management's so inefficient. As soon as they get in the boardroom, they're all shutting each others' dicks in the door!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here