Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C block stewarding

Kev the Ape

If you heard boos on saturday this came from Block C, when someone standed up and tried to start us singing. When a steward came down and told him to sit down. :nono:, Bloody crap stewarding. All he was trying to do was to get us behind the team and give us some atmosphere.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Something similar happened H block on Sat too. I'm not sure waht happend but Yorkie seemed to be in the thick of it so I await a full and detailed report on the situation!

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
The same steward ejected somebiody in front of me for allegelly swearing. I have had a moan about him on ask the club as he is totally the wrong person to steward the area and I fear somebody migt lumpo him soon.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kev the Ape said:
If you heard boos on saturday this came from Block C, when someone standed up and tried to start us singing. When a steward came down and told him to sit down. :nono:, Bloody crap stewarding. All he was trying to do was to get us behind the team and give us some atmosphere.

I'm in C block. I thought that the guy who stood up was in D Block!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
These stewards have got to be careful, looking at the way the club is dealing with ejections then soon enough they'll have so many people banned we won't fill the ground.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Lammy said:
Something similar happened H block on Sat too. I'm not sure waht happend but Yorkie seemed to be in the thick of it so I await a full and detailed report on the situation!
Was that why everyone around me stood up and looked to the left? Could just about make out a few stewards in H-block somewhere.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Lammy said:

I saw that. The stupid thing was that the steward decided to talk to him in the stand thereby causing all the people behind to stand in order to see the match.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ah, I've just seen Stinky Kat's thread on "Ask the Club"

"A short ps is that after he evicted the young man yesterday he then told another 'cheerleader' in D block to sit down and was booed by C and D block."

The guy I saw sing was the second chap!

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Buzza said:
Ah, I've just seen Stinky Kat's thread on "Ask the Club"

"A short ps is that after he evicted the young man yesterday he then told another 'cheerleader' in D block to sit down and was booed by C and D block."

The guy I saw sing was the second chap!

Enjoying the Withdean...throw them out !!!

This needs sorting out ...we are asked to get behind the team and when we do people get thrown out ..its laughable

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Okay, the view from the back of C-Block.

The first chap had spent a great deal of time during the first half stood up whether he was singing or not. When the steward asked him to sit down the fella told him to shut-up, and that was why he got chucked out.

The second chap, got told to sit down the very first time he stood up to start a chant, which I felt was harsh given that everyone had just started to join in!!

Personally I don't think you need to stand to start a chant off, as I got several going myself on Saturday from the discomfort of my seat.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
in H block, a black ( rapid response) steward walked up the gangway asking people to sit down - just as I yelled at the ref " you're f***ing joking:eek: ) I was told to mind the language to whit I apologised....anyway in front of me about 3 rows down, one bloke continued to stand and he was shouted at by the said steward. An exchange occured and then it all went quiet.

About 5 minutes later two further "rapid response" stewards appeared and went into the row before me and was talking to two people in front who started to get very irate. Said original steward then stood in the gangway blocking everyones view and when I asked him to sit down he said.."No"...I thin stood up to see that game as did most people around me and he just smirked.

The the three of them then all stood together in the gangway so blocking everyones view and they apeeared not to give a toss...eventually they meandered off smirking.

Not seen the black guy before but I take it he was a local doorman from a conversation I overheard at half time

Dave

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Curious Orange said:
Okay, the view from the back of C-Block.

The first chap had spent a great deal of time during the first half stood up whether he was singing or not. When the steward asked him to sit down the fella told him to shut-up, and that was why he got chucked out.

The second chap, got told to sit down the very first time he stood up to start a chant, which I felt was harsh given that everyone had just started to join in!!

Personally I don't think you need to stand to start a chant off, as I got several going myself on Saturday from the discomfort of my seat.

He was chucked out for swearing according to the steward who said he had received complaints, I earwigged the conversation at the back of the stand.

I sit near the guy and personally did not hear him swear.

My singing voice has a better projection and resonance when I stand. I also stand a lot when we attack because I get excited and cannot help myself, que the teenbeats.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yes I witnessed this.
A young man stood up and started a chorus of ‘Brighton Aces’, which both blocks C and D joined in with. The steward was less then impressed and asked him to sit down.
How on earth we can generate an atmosphere with stewards like that I don’t know!

- Eaton Frog

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
dave the gaffer said:
in H block, a black ( rapid response) steward walked up the gangway asking people to sit down - just as I yelled at the ref " you're f***ing joking:eek: ) I was told to mind the language to whit I apologised....anyway in front of me about 3 rows down, one bloke continued to stand and he was shouted at by the said steward. An exchange occured and then it all went quiet.

About 5 minutes later two further "rapid response" stewards appeared and went into the row before me and was talking to two people in front who started to get very irate. Said original steward then stood in the gangway blocking everyones view and when I asked him to sit down he said.."No"...I thin stood up to see that game as did most people around me and he just smirked.

The the three of them then all stood together in the gangway so blocking everyones view and they apeeared not to give a toss...eventually they meandered off smirking.

Not seen the black guy before but I take it he was a local doorman from a conversation I overheard at half time

Dave

I wouldn't describe the bloke as 'irate' more bemused. I was all a bit of a joke but I did see Yorkie peering over looking like she was gonna get involved. I could swear I heard you shout "No Yorkie leave it, they're not worth it!"

*the above has no relation to actual events*

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Stinky Kat said:
If you are thrown out do the club take you season ticket?

I believe this varies depending on the offence.

I don't think "Suspicion of trying to start a chant, and or the encouragment of others to do likewise" is particually high on Martin Perry's ban list!

- Eaton Frog

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here