Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Byegone Albion

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Anyone come across the Byegone Albion photo's on the Argus photo sales pages? Didn't know they were there. Bit messed up with the copyright logo across each photo and tons of repeats, but plenty of memories there plus a few tears shed. You can play them as a slideshow. Many of the individual photo's are labelled but not all, and shame the proper dates aren't shown. However, if you've not seen them before, as I hadn't, worth a look ....http://3276.e-printphoto.co.uk/NQsu...ewsearch&keywords=&searchtype=pics&c_id=32676

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Top Class bardo ! Thanks for pointing this out.

Definately one for the teenagers to look through. There's everything here.

See what was special about Ricky Marlowe's hairpiece, and so you can recognise Mark Farrington if you ever bump into him on the checkouts in Asda

:ascarf:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
the one on 1st page in the snow isnt that at peterbro in the fa cup the round after that we played newcastle?

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
Those were days, the Goldstone packed to the rafters, the smell, real, working class football fans, no nazi stewards, terracing, footballers who actually cared. Its about as far removed from todays football as you can get. OK the violence was nasty but a bit a real fear never hurt anyone in fact its character building!!

I feel sorry for all the younger fans who will never get to experience it:down: Its all bloody mobile phones and playstation bollocks now

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
burrish gull said:
Those were days, the Goldstone packed to the rafters, the smell, real, working class football fans, no nazi stewards, terracing, footballers who actually cared. Its about as far removed from todays football as you can get. OK the violence was nasty but a bit a real fear never hurt anyone in fact its character building!!

I feel sorry for all the younger fans who will never get to experience it:down: Its all bloody mobile phones and playstation bollocks now

Couldn't agree more.....the photo with Teddy Maybank (about 2nd page) shows what the crowds used to be every week at the Goldstone in the 70's whilst in the old 3rd division.

The smell of pipe tobacco always reminds me of the north stand !!!

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
When I look at those photos I realise how far the club has fallen from grace and how things have totally changed. The only time I felt any sense of nostalga this season was Palace away (mind you a bottle very nearly hit my head!!)

Any time someone says Brightons just a small little club just show them these pictures from 70's and 80's when the club got massive crowds. Makes you sick to see teams like Reading at the top of the league not even selling out every week in a souless concrete bowl.

Will those good old days ever return? :(

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Fascinating Pics, the one where the North stand and coppers are climbing the fence....was that the Bristol Rovers game when we went up!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

index.cfm
:eek: :eek:

Ahhh the 1980sss

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
can anyone remember Mike Robinson getting hit on the head by a bike cog thrown from the North stand............or am i going mad?

:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here