Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Little Johnny....

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Hello - who?? :lol:

gamemainimage,0.jpg

(Ps For those who aren't up with what I'm going on about Australia has just finshed polling and exit polls suggest our PM of 11 years is on his way out...)

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
You don't like being part of Europe then? :lol:

Don't mind at all but it just seemed very pointed omission when he was mentioning allies that he wishes to be on good terms with. I suppose the left in OZ is rather dismissive of the UK these days. Pity because many of us Brits love Australia and wish it well. I would certainly understand if OZ became a republic.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Don't mind at all but it just seemed very pointed omission when he was mentioning allies that he wishes to be on good terms with. I suppose the left in OZ is rather dismissive of the UK these days. Pity because many of us Brits love Australia and wish it well. I would certainly understand if OZ became a republic.

I can't speak for him obviously, but thats not an omission I wouldn't think.

Good to see my home seat remaining as blue as the sky :lol:

King Tubby

Jul 26, 2004
Sydney
It's not a go at the UK, he has to panda to the USA just to appease the the voters who have taken a gamble on him...and in all honesty Asia is much more important to Australia than the UK..That's not saying everyone hates the UK (quite the opposite) it's just a fact, Australias biggest trading partners are in Asia.

And yes, part of Labors policy is to have a referendum on the republic as soon as possible, which really is just common sense... it is ridiculous that the Queen who has got nothing in common with modern Australia should be head of state she only even comes to Australia once in every ten years or so...

Did Gordon Brown thank Australia in his acceptance speech?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Remind me who Australia's head of state is?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Terrible news for OZ.

We now have a PM who looks like a paedophile and his cabinet is one of the biggest bunches of useless arse clowns ever.

A PM surrounded by trade unionist tossers never augers well.

Bad times ahead for the land down under.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Terrible news for OZ.

We now have a PM who looks like a paedophile and his cabinet is one of the biggest bunches of useless arse clowns ever.

A PM surrounded by trade unionist tossers never augers well.

Bad times ahead for the land down under.

The new Labor government will be a disaster. Much like the last Labor government when unemployment was 11% and interest rates 17%. The reforms that the Howard government made over the last 11 years have transformed the Australian economy into something that could only be dreamed of 11 years ago. The ALP these days consist of trade union extremists and environmental fanatics and they will ruin the country with their crackpot lefty loony ideas.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
The new Labor government will be a disaster. Much like the last Labor government when unemployment was 11% and interest rates 17%. The reforms that the Howard government made over the last 11 years have transformed the Australian economy into something that could only be dreamed of 11 years ago. The ALP these days consist of trade union extremists and environmental fanatics and they will ruin the country with their crackpot lefty loony ideas.

Join the club - just like England then !!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Too true - should bring that in in this country but then somebody would whine that it was "infringing their civil liberties":angry::angry::angry:

no, people will just spoil ballots which gets you no where. it is contradictory to force people to vote if some are not engaging in the democratic process. a much better idea would be to have a minimum turn out to validate the result, that would force the politicians to reach out to the wider electorate.

King Tubby

Jul 26, 2004
Sydney

f*** the economy, Howard struck lucky that there is a mining boom at the moment...Gotta be more concerned with the politics of fear that Howard has been playing the last 6 years. It's turned a multicultural country into a racist selfish one, and thank god the majority of people...Obviously you aside..Have recognised that and done the right thing.
And don't get me started on the unions...Oh no the worlds gonna cave in. [URL"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=184NTV2CE_c"]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here