Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye Liverpool...Bye Bye Benitez?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Liverpool out of the Cup after losing 2-1 to Barnsley at Anfield...is Benitez's time running out up there?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's the trouble with touting yourself as a cup team at the expense of the league. You just look a bit crap when it all goes wrong :lol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Only the best teams win 2-1 at Anfield in the 5th Round of the Cup...

(Was it really 25 years ago?)

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
i don't think they'll finish 4th, that could be their season over!

to be honest, apart from torres, gerrard, mascherano and carragher, they're VERY average

Dandyman

In London village.
Cracking result for the Tykes. :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Liverpool should try their best to get Mourinho in.

They could try, but I can't imagine they'd succeed.

The smart money says that Mourinho is off to Camp Nou at the end of the season if Barca don't win the league this year (which is quite likely at the moment).

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
I watched all of this game live online, I went BALLISTIC when Barnsley didn't get the penalty, seriously one of the clearest penalties you will EVER see... then I went double mental when they scored the winner.

Totally deserved for their effort, bravery and above all Liverpool's incompetence. They got exactly what they deserved - and Benitez will be gone by the end of the week

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bye Rafa, the end is very soon

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
I don't think Barnsley paid anything more than a nominal fee for any of the starting line up.

Do the new rules mean that Barnsley will be taking the place of Liverpool in the '39th game' in Dubai? :lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Could just be a smoke screen, but he's already been told he's not wanted for the job.

Hmm, interesting.

If Barca are looking to replace Rijkaard (which I understand is very likely at the end of the season, unless the Champions League heads to Catalunya again), why would they make a point of saying the the most high-profile coach/manager available at the moment wouldn't be wanted/considered, unless they've already got someone lined up, of course.

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
I don't think Barnsley paid anything more than a nominal fee for any of the starting line up.

Do the new rules mean that Barnsley will be taking the place of Liverpool in the '39th game' in Dubai? :lolol:

I hope so. I'm wet dreaming over Barnsley playing Derby in Shanghai

I'd do anything to see that :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here