Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye Barnes [Merge of many threads]

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
According to Naylor, Barnes got sent off for trying to trip the ref. If so what a stupid thing to do.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
What's he saying?

When he was at Villa, Graham Taylor said his attitude was poor because he kept picking up bookings and sendings off, Taylor said a player who gets sent off is no use to him. He was told if he got sent off once more he would be sold. He got sent off in a pre-season friendly and Taylor packed him off to Pompey.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
North Stand Chat ‏@NorthStandChat
Anti-Barnes #BHAFC brigade salivate at the news their favourite player was sent off for trying to trip the ref up. #SchoolboyPrank

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ashley you're a shitferbrains. Don't you WANT to stay selectable long enough to strike up a legendary partnership with Ulloa? Hope the club come down on you like a ton of bricks mate. For your own good as much as theirs. Love your ability to be the striker that CMS never will be, but your snide attitude, and more importantly the timing of your latest red card, stinks. Fukcwit.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Not sure any one can defend that action tonight. Very, very stupid and possibly extremely costly. Let his team mates down badly

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
For the first time I'm starting to lose patience with Barnes. I will still defend him to the hilt as a player because on footballing ability, and tactical ability, he is still wildly misunderstood and undervalued by the Albion support. But his petulance is a problem; you need a player or two like him in a squad, with a bit of fight and a 'nastier' edge to them, or in games where it's a bit spiky or when you're losing you just get rolled over. But it needs to be a balance and there's a difference between going into tackles hard when needed, or standing your ground when argy bargy is going on, and the fact he keeps getting himself booked/sent off for mouthing off or retaliating when a decision goes against him. That isn't bite, that isn't ferocity or determination, it's stupidity. Sparrow and Vincelot (who I still think got unfair treatment from us) were shown the door for a lot less, and it's only Barnes' versatility and unselfishness (tactically) that is keeping him at the club now - he's walking a very fine line and I would not be surprised if Gus comes down on him like a ton of bricks. He needs to grow the f*ck up and see that what he's doing is costing us. The result today was not his fault, it sounded like we absolutely battered them from start to finish; but now with only one first-team striker available, who still isn't 100% match fit to play 90 week in week out, Ash has let everyone down.

blimey in amongst all the Barnes bashing (and please excuse me if you are not one of these) a bright shining star of a post :thumbsup:
all of which is very,very sensible as for the rest of the thread all I can say is that blooming bandwagon must have extremely strong axles and wheels and must be overflowing with people.
how many of you were complaining when he was top scorer last season, he is young and will learn or Gus will eventually off load him but I doubt that will happen, the boy will know he has let us and the club down
so can we just leave it at that
who amongst us has not lost it once in a while
lets just hope that Gus has another one or two players in mind to come on loan:albion2:

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Ashley's State of Mind

Screen Shot 2013-03-09 at 18.11.26.png

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
All I'm going to say is I remember a similar reaction when Murray when through that phase of stupid red cards, and look what happened then....

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Well that makes it interesting

It will go one of two ways; it'll be reviewed and either deemed to be an accident, in which case all the wringing of hands on here looks a little premature.

Or it will be deemed deliberate, and to be honest it will be a big ban.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I for one hope he stays because his tracking back is excellent and really, as those with footballing brain know, that is exactly what to look for in a striker - what does it matter that he is incapable of scoring in a team that creates chance after chance, game after game, and has the attitude of a petulant child? So what he has been sent off 3 times in the past 15 months? So what he has been sent off at a time when he is one of only 2 recognised *cough* strikers at the club. That just shows his passion. Every team needs players with passion, right?

Yours,

An idiot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here