Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

By- Election imminent LUCAS arrested at Balcombe.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I bet the Chief Constable's ears are burning this evening but good on Sussex Police for upholding the law. I hope they aren't influenced to back down.

No intelligent voter will swallow Lucas's belated attempt to jump on the media frenzy at Balcombe or her wailing in front of the cameras, its just a cheap stunt and her rhetoric does nothing to further the proper debate on fracking.

Jeez, you might like her politics but this is no belated attempt, she's been vocal on this issue for some time. I'm sure most of the people who voted for her will also be aware of her protesting past, most notably with CND, she's no opportunist unlike most of our other elected representitives.

As for a proper debate on fracking, I think we are all waiting for that to happen aren't we? Isn't the ball in the Governments court there?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What for an incident that happened outside of HER constituency?! Absolute joke as disgrace, focus on her own constituency problems, she isn't a minister!

Let's say we did go ahead and frack Balcombe, her constituency could well be impacted. Good on her for getting involved, we'll see what happens with the arrest I guess, regardless, it's not so clever.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Aha! half board&breakfast has been quiet for a while but now he comes to the fore with his trademark journalism; eschewing any scintilla of bias and expertly blending only facts into a compellingly believable report.

Surely the Pulitzer must be yours for the taking?

Is this guy seriously a journalist? Wow.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Is this guy seriously a journalist? Wow.

I notice he has been incredibly quiet since he started this thread. Why isn't he here to defend or validate what he posted? Just have to make sure to remind him next time he pops in.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I notice he has been incredibly quiet since he started this thread. Why isn't he here to defend or validate what he posted? Just have to make sure to remind him next time he pops in.

If I were being charitable, I'd say this is cheaper than a focus group or some vox pops.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Test fracking in Blackpool a couple of years ago caused at least 2 small earthquakes that left cracks in the external wall of the house of someone I know.
And that will be just the tip of the iceberg of course.

I have no insight, but I read that these "earthquakes" caused by the fracking were roughly equivalent to a train going past about 200 meters away and were not even the biggest earthquakes in Lancashire that day.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What for an incident that happened outside of HER constituency?! Absolute joke as disgrace, focus on her own constituency problems, she isn't a minister!

On the basis of which party she leads, and yes, she is a party leader, I think she has every right to have done what she did in terms of being outside her constituency.Surely the main concerns about fracking are environmental, and she is leader of the Green party, which majors on environmental issues.

I am not saying I agree with her, or that I support what she did. I genuinely am not well informed enough about the issue to comment either way.

But I would be perfectly happy if she was my MP. She is a lot more interesting than what I have to deal with.

Fracking is surely one of those few issues that unites both conservatives and lefties. Polluting half the countryside with shitty chemicals whatever you may think of the geological risks is not going to down well with Countryside Alliance types surely, that will hardly be a fun way to kill foxes. Probably just towny Tories like HB&B who will be left isolated on the issue

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I know that the protests are worthy and well meaning but as soon as I saw the footage of the dreadlocked hippy hula hooping in front of the Police line I changed sides!!

To be honest the traffic around Balcombe has become a nightmare. What they need is some sort of bypass.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
On the basis of which party she leads, and yes, she is a party leader, I think she has every right to have done what she did in terms of being outside her constituency.Surely the main concerns about fracking are environmental, and she is leader of the Green party, which majors on environmental issues.

I am not saying I agree with her, or that I support what she did. I genuinely am not well informed enough about the issue to comment either way.

But I would be perfectly happy if she was my MP. She is a lot more interesting than what I have to deal with.

Lucas isn't Green Party leader FYI.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Actually that's correct. But I understand a persistent and prolific record of conviction, arrest or formal caution that doesn't necessarily pertain to the protection of children or vulnerable adults can still determine an employers decision to hire. I may be wrong though.

As an employer of staff who work with children and vulnerable adults, I can report that we are meticulously fair about how we apply the guidelines. I think that applies to most other employers in these lines of business as well.

Correct. I've got a conviction and I've passed CRB checks and have SC clearence.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Really?

I mean, as politicians go, she seems pretty decent to me. Fairly honest, certainly down to earth. But one self-publicising PR act like this doesn't say much about her in my eyes She wanted some attention and got it. If that gets her more votes then good luck to her - but it shouldn't.

I'm actually the polar opposite. Usually I find her self publicising a bit irritating, but in this instance she has my utmost respect. She's a green MP so of course she's going to be against fracking, because of that I think her intentions are pure. Any publicity is good for the proterster's cause. She's had the balls to stand up and be counted and to stand up against the rent-a-thug Met police who turned up to bully people protesting. Fair play to her :thumbsup:

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
kick this wretch and her deluded cronies out . Ive voted for the clowns .......:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here