Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

by common consensus we require a target man , a midfield gorilla an experienced cb

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
we do need someone who can hold up the ball , allow decent throughballs to allow CMS to do his thing , and most importantly header in corners!!

midfield I think isn't so much as issue and interesting to see how El-Abd does before we think back there.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
which means having someone bigger than Barnes to win the ball , hold on to it, and lay it off/ push it through. At the mo, we get it 2/3rds of the way lose it and it comes wanging back.

So what - do we play a big lump up front & have CMS in a withdrawn/Barnes role? I personally can't see how that would fit in with Mr Poyet's footballing philosophy, & I certainly don't think he'll be changing his approach any time soon. CMS was certainly very effective in the past when he played up front with Boyd, but then the latter was more of a winger. Maybe your solution would prove to be effective, but I'd wager you'll be waiting a long time to see it at The Albion.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
From watching Barnes last night, he drops very deep to help out the midfield, but his first touch is sooooooooooooo poor, i have never seen someone want so much time on the ball, and he always gets tackled

personally, i feel we need to play wingers, with Hoskins playing just behind CMS

Barnes situation made worse by the fact that opposition managers know this so rub their hands with glee when he's on the team sheet because they know he's going to keep giving the ball back to them!!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It's not about a traditional target man. It's about a player like Murray who olds the ball up allows the midfield to join the attackers and or combines with CMS in a quick attack. At the moment CMS is a bit isolated and is not really able to hold the ball up that well.

Absolutely spot on. If we don't address this issue we will not be utilizing the full set of skills that CMS has.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Barnes again worked his socks off last night ,a lot of the time in midfield. Unfortuantly its just not working for him at the moment,although Hoskins hardly inspired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here