Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

by common consensus we require a target man , a midfield gorilla an experienced cb

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
so come on then , use your energy for something positive and post your 3 top boys here , but don't stop there ,are we buying or loaning if loaning indicate the proportion of the weekly wage you are prepared to pay,if buying indicate a price you are willing to pay .

carew 3 mill 40 g a week
bowyer 2mill 20 g a week
sum **** from man utd 8 million 60 g a week

are you keeping up...?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sydney, are you always hammered when you post on here? I assume it is something to do with the time difference?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sydney, are you always hammered when you post on here? I assume it is something to do with the time difference?

I thought the same.

However Reyes can play in midfield. Baggies fan at work said his best position is as a midfield destroyer. Tho he can play in defence. So if we play him in his BEST position then thats one down.

El Abd is back soon.

Shouldnt have got rid of Murray. But we did so moving on I wondered why we didnt sign Paynter? Tho according to the mail we are back in:

Brighton want Billy Paynter from Leeds United | Mail Online

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Thank God we have Gus in charge and not some of the clueless know-nothings that post on here. I can't believe how many know so little about the modern game.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

:drunk::shit::wave: most of the time yeh....i am merely trying to point out that west hams playing budget is f***ing cosiderably bigger than ours , all these SPOONS who want a brand spanking new stadium , promotion from league one and immediate promotion to the prem can just eat my pants for fucksake.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
We don't need a bleedin' target man. The team need to play to CMS's strengths.

Sake.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
It's not about a traditional target man. It's about a player like Murray who olds the ball up allows the midfield to join the attackers and or combines with CMS in a quick attack. At the moment CMS is a bit isolated and is not really able to hold the ball up that well.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
CMS is lonely. He needs his best buddy George Boyd to cut some shapes with up front.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think the idea of this concensus to suggest we need a centre back is totally unfair on Greer and Dunk. As I have previously said they seem to be getting treated like scapegoats for a very wobbly central midfield currently and the fact they have 9 yellows between them so far shows they are constantly taking one for the team. If we can't defend in midfield then we can't blame the central defenders for taking drastic measures. That's what I think anyway.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think more people are saying Painter needs replacing.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Akinfenwa
Exodus Goegaghan
Norman Hunter.

Can I have salt and vinegar on those pants ?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I've said time and time again that Jay Emmanuel Thomas was the answer to our problems.

Big, strong player, who can pass the ball about, beat a man, isn't affraid to take a long shot and can take a decent penalty. He can play as a Striker, in the centre of midfield or as a full-back. He went to Ipswich for £1,100,000. Would have been PERFECT. :shrug:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Interesting comparison with Liverpool playing Suarez / Bellamy / Kuyt. None of them are the traditional big style of forward, bit like CMS/Barnes/Hoskins. They break forward at speed and Suarez generally gets support around him. Whereas CMS often seems isolated, hence he is closed down and resorts to shooting from distance. We need to give him better support up front and close the gap from our midfield.

In the last few minutes of the first half we were all over West Ham because we were attacking in numbers and with 5 v 5 on the edge of their box we had some good chances - which was the closest we got to scoring.

I suspect that Gus will eventually go for a target man but would hate to see a plodding forward a la Billy Paynter ruin our style of play. Maybe Buckley could have a role. He can either be the speedy incisive forward or has the height for knock downs or one/twos with CMS? Would like to see Bridcutt and Reyes take the defensive midfield roles so Vicente and Noone can press forward and / or feed killer balls to Buckley/Hoskins and CMS. Let Barnes rediscover his hunger on the bench. Calde and Reyes can break forward too at times.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
From watching Barnes last night, he drops very deep to help out the midfield, but his first touch is sooooooooooooo poor, i have never seen someone want so much time on the ball, and he always gets tackled

personally, i feel we need to play wingers, with Hoskins playing just behind CMS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here