Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying a New Kitchen

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
You've made that sound as if NICEIC are the governing body for ALL electrical works.. ???

Well there are others but the NICEIC are known as the industries top body, if you find an electrician who isnt NIC then ask WHY not the reply will most enlightning most of the time

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Well there are others but the NICEIC are known as the industries top body, if you find an electrician who isnt NIC then ask WHY not the reply will most enlightning most of the time

Well, i took your advice, and did just that. A few in fact.

Sparky 1:
The Electrical Contactors Association (ECA) is the industry top body, for contractors, and Niceic are really just an interface between the consumer and the industry, as are Elecsa, Nappit, et al.
In fact of point, the ECA predate's NICEIC, and Elecsa are an arm of ECA.

Sparky 2:
The only reason I would consider changing to NIC is that the customer is more familiar with them. I have investigated it, and if they are so damn stringent, why would they have me without exchange of money or additional investigation; apparently the standards Elecsa apply are good enough for the NICEIC. all the bodies are regulated by the governement and work to the same standards; your advocate of the NIC being the top body is working on hearsay, not fact.

Sparky 3:
NIC is certainly the best known by the consumer and media, but no better; A NIC Part P cert is the same as NAPIT Part P Cert.

Sparky 4:
One you feel like you've been done a favour, the other you finish off feeling like you've done them a favour.
Sparky 5:
NICEIC are for the customer; ECA/Elecsa and the others are there for the contractor.

So in summary, there are now 6 electrical bodies for Part P certification, (including NICEIC, ELECSA, NAPIT, BRE, BSI, and STROMA etc) so if your bathroom or kitchen fitter is with these, they can all sign off your work.

HTH

:)

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Anyone have any particularly good/bad experiences with kitchen installations?

Just moving into my new home next Friday (Yeah, Friday 13th - what could go wrong when completing a house purchase?) and the kitchen is the main thing I want to get sorted out. But what' s the best way of getting a new kitchen?

My main query, I think, is how you go about getting it all measured up and finding the cupboards & style you want, and then getting it fitted. I know that the shops can fit it, but I've heard that they tend to charge a ridiculous amount. But if I was to walk into Magnet and choose some fancy kitchen and get it all made to spec, how would I then get Mr KitchenFitter along to fit it - confident that he knows how it's all supposed to be put together? Would Magnet just send it all in parts that Mr KitchenFitter could happily rock up the next day, and put it all together?

Can't beat IKEA IMHO. Good solid kitchens, superbly functional and they look nice!

TNBA
TTF

ps mind you I think you have to go to Croydon to get one?!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here