Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying a banner for Vicente !? Who going to chip in!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
How about we rename the Amex after him. Something along these lines:

estadio-vicente-calderon-1024x570.jpg

I would happily rename the Amex after him if he stayed :p

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Also I am in for £20 too. Lets make this happen before the next home game.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think it's a smashing idea. Where would the banner go though?

Hint: It'd look fab on the Back wall of the North (if there's room). :wink:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
If people were worried about spending to much money on a banner in case he leaves, we could always paint our own.. If done correctly they can look just as good.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Back of the north be great, or wsu over advertising hoardings, but obviously could not put it there

The North Stand it is then! :thumbsup:

ps The only problems I can envisage - apart from the cost of making it - is getting it up on an area of the back wall that will do it justice. There are a few spaces there that would suite (eg the area between the wider-spaced upper windows above the end of Block B), but it would need to be winched up there before every game if it wasn't a permanent fixture. I reckon the powers-that-be at the club need to be in on this if it's gonna be as spesh as it should be...

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Actually, perhaps it'd be better to get a big metal sign done like the original idea - & get the the thing permanently fixed to the wall?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Actually, perhaps it'd be better to get a big metal sign done like the original idea - & get the the thing permanently fixed to the wall?

Could try talking to someone from NSK about it? They seem to know how to deal with the banners etc... and working with the club for things.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Or a big banner like Ipswich's and roll it out before kick off for all to see???

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It wont really devalue the flag if he leaves , we will still have Vincelot Vincente Vincentay Bithandthe and im sure somebody has a big felt tip marker they could give the flag a bit of countdown treatment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here