Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Buy One, Sell One, Loan One

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I love how unambitious most people's choices are given the option of buying literally anybody.

It's like me winning the lottery and getting straight on the computer to order a new washing machine.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Saw this on the BBC website:

If you could only buy one, sell one, and loan out one player, who would you pick?

Here are some of the thoughts:

Marc: Buy: Kalvin Phillips from Manchester City. Sell: Pascal Gross. Loan: Facundo Buonanotte.

Dan: Buy: Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - we have been linked to him for a couple of years and it will be a massive loss if we don't get him. Sell: Jason Steele - then we need to bring in new back-up or promote Tom McGill.

Leon: Buy: Gustavo Hamer from Sheffield United. Sell: Jakub Moder. Loan: Evan Ferguson.

Xavier: Buy: A new striker - Joao Pedro is good but he lacks that clinical edge. Sell: Kaoru Mitoma - this is controversial but, in my opinion, he is overrated. Loan: Odeluga Offiah or Mark O'Mahony - they are both promising youngsters.

Ben: Buy: John McGinn from Aston Villa. Sell: Evan Ferguson. Loan: Facundo Buonanotte.

What would your selections be ??
Xavier is talking out of his arse. I'd sell him

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Joao Pedro scored 20 goals in all competitions this season. Nobody has ever done that for us at the top level before. The last striker to get 20 in a season was Glenn Murray in the Championship promotion season. He scored 23 with a goal every 158 minutes. Pedro has one every 137 minutes. The last striker to score at a better rate over a season was Bobby Z in the second division in 2001/02.

"Lacks that clinical edge"?

Stats can be made to look anyway you want.

No-one would call Danny Welbeck clinical, but this premier league season from open play, he has been more clinical than João.

Both have scored 5 goals from open play.

Welbeck averages one every 341 minutes and fell short of his npxG by 0.3 goals.

(npxG: Non-Penalty Expected Goals)

João one every 408 minutes and falls short of his npxG by 2.9 goals.

But I'm just being naughty, JP is a very good striker who will only get better.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
None of our other top scorers have been measured discounting penalties. Scoring a penalty every time we get one seems quite clinical to me. He missed one all season and scored from the rebound. There was a time not too long ago when we were failing to convert very regularly.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

If you could only buy one, sell one, and loan out one player, who would you pick?

Marc: Buy: Kalvin Phillips from Manchester City. Sell: Pascal Gross. Loan: Facundo Buonanotte.

Dan: Buy: Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - we have been linked to him for a couple of years and it will be a massive loss if we don't get him. Sell: Jason Steele - then we need to bring in new back-up or promote Tom McGill.

Leon: Buy: Gustavo Hamer from Sheffield United. Sell: Jakub Moder. Loan: Evan Ferguson.

Xavier: Buy: A new striker - Joao Pedro is good but he lacks that clinical edge. Sell: Kaoru Mitoma - this is controversial but, in my opinion, he is overrated. Loan: Odeluga Offiah or Mark O'Mahony - they are both promising youngsters.

Ben: Buy: John McGinn from Aston Villa. Sell: Evan Ferguson. Loan: Facundo Buonanotte.

What an embarrassing mess this lot are!

The striker Xavier wants us to get is the one we already have, the one Leon and Ben want us to ditch. When Evan is over the glandular fever and ankle injury, he’ll be back to his best.

Gustavo Hamer & Kalvin Phillips will probably both be in the Championship next season, Leon and Marc needs to have a look at themselves for fancying those two limited players.

And Dan, Steele has a job to do mentoring Carl Rushworth and Bart. We need characters like him in our dressing room, not helping out Ipswich Town.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Is Xavier on Angel Dust?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
What an embarrassing mess this lot are!

The striker Xavier wants us to get is the one we already have, the one Leon and Ben want us to ditch. When Evan is over the glandular fever and ankle injury, he’ll be back to his best.

Gustavo Hamer & Kalvin Phillips will probably both be in the Championship next season, Leon and Marc needs to have a look at themselves for fancying those two limited players.

And Dan, Steele has a job to do mentoring Carl Rushworth and Bart. We need characters like him in our dressing room, not helping out Ipswich Town.

I wonder if any of them post on here 🤣

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Saw it on the BBC website too - and wished I hadn't. What a load of bollocks - geez, I hope those plums aren't contributors to NSC lowering the tone! I did post a link on here somewhere to spread the mirth and derision about a bit. Maybe not a lot of people noticed.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Joao Pedro scored 20 goals in all competitions this season. Nobody has ever done that for us at the top level before. The last striker to get 20 in a season was Glenn Murray in the Championship promotion season. He scored 23 with a goal every 158 minutes. Pedro has one every 137 minutes. The last striker to score at a better rate over a season was Bobby Z in the second division in 2001/02.

"Lacks that clinical edge"?

The PL's 'guide' to our transfer needs this summer makes the same argument and inexplicably says nothing about signing a fullback.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here