Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

buy a brick (or whatever) for Falmer

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think there are two issues here.

1) Funding
Fans putting in sponsor money helps fund the stadium. This can be buying a brick that I'm sure will have some name etched in it or something to identify it at a minimal cost. Say £5 for the etching, then £100 for the brick itself (I think £100 sounds expensive for a single brick, but it is also an opportunity to have your name etched in the stadium, so perhaps more could be charged...)

2) Sentiment.
The mosaic idea and similar things tend to be about celebrating the club, the history, the fight for the stadium, the fans and so on, and seem to possibly make (albeit minor) complications to the plans/funding (the mosaic thread linked to didn't indicate the fans would pay)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I think there are two issues here.

1) Funding
Fans putting in sponsor money helps fund the stadium. This can be buying a brick that I'm sure will have some name etched in it or something to identify it at a minimal cost. Say £5 for the etching, then £100 for the brick itself (I think £100 sounds expensive for a single brick, but it is also an opportunity to have your name etched in the stadium, so perhaps more could be charged...)

2) Sentiment.
The mosaic idea and similar things tend to be about celebrating the club, the history, the fight for the stadium, the fans and so on, and seem to possibly make (albeit minor) complications to the plans/funding (the mosaic thread linked to didn't indicate the fans would pay)

The whole point of the mosaic thread is precisely that people pay - so it's £20 a picture, for example. Multiply that by 5,000 fans and you've got £100,000.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The Mosaic Picture got me thinking about the Buy A Brick.....now did I dream this or has this happened and sold out already?! I seem to remember a page on the website where you could try out your design before you buy...or was it a dream?...help me!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Mosaic Picture got me thinking about the Buy A Brick.....now did I dream this or has this happened and sold out already?! I seem to remember a page on the website where you could try out your design before you buy...or was it a dream?...help me!!

Seem to recall buying a brick or naming a seat or something for some other club. Was it Bury maybe? Would have been about seven or eight years ago.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

It's not sold out AFAIK, since your buying a paving slab outside the stadium and theres more than a few of those, dunno the website address though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here