Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

buy a brick (or whatever) for Falmer

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I know it's been discussed before, but I was just thinking, it must be about time that the Club announced some sort of buy/sponsor a brick, or girder, or whatever, now that we've got the final planning permission. How much would you be willing to pay? £100,000 per brick and they'll easily raise the money! :dunce:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I know it's been discussed before, but I was just thinking, it must be about time that the Club announced some sort of buy/sponsor a brick, or girder, or whatever, now that we've got the final planning permission. How much would you be willing to pay?

I still reckon my giant Albion mosaic idea's better. Think it would look really smart and still raise money.

Martin Perry liked the idea when I put it to him, but I never heard a jot out of Dick Knight himself. So I've no idea what's happening.

Here's the link to the original thread. Most people on here liked the idea...

Giant Albion mosaic at Falmer?! - North Stand Chat

Anyone on here with a little influence at the club care to help me chase this up?

Cheers all :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
I still reckon my giant Albion mosaic idea's better. Think it would look really smart and still raise money.

Martin Perry liked the idea when I put it to him, but I never heard a jot out of Dick Knight himself. So I've no idea what's happening.

Here's the link to the original thread. Most people on here liked the idea...

Giant Albion mosaic at Falmer?! - North Stand Chat

Anyone on here with a little influence at the club care to help me chase this up?

Cheers all :thumbsup:

i thought you had

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It's gotta be done. Collect all of the images first, there should be no limit, the more the better, then choose a picture to create from them all. Then do it. It would be marvelous!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm more for a mural for those public areas that always look so dull under the stands.

As a work of living art, you could have your face painted as a 'face in the crowd' and would be able to include all those loved ones that have been lost during the long wait for Falmer.

The more prominent the position the more you would pay but the 'cheaper' ones would be really quite affordable. When I'm dead & gone, i'd much rather that my kids/g'kids knew they could always see me at Falmer.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
i would buy a nice bit of lego for the lego stand..........ohhhhh wait

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As a work of living art, you could have your face painted as a 'face in the crowd' and would be able to include all those loved ones that have been lost during the long wait for Falmer.

The more prominent the position the more you would pay but the 'cheaper' ones would be really quite affordable. When I'm dead & gone, i'd much rather that my kids/g'kids knew they could always see me at Falmer.

I think that is a great idea. Every home game we hear of somebody who hasnt lived to see falmer despite supporting the club for years.

I am only 65 but that was my first thought on Wednesday when the vote was made I said to my wife well hopefully I will see Falmer as many havent or wont and another delay may have put that in doubt.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The options are endless. I could have myself with all my familly even those some have never met (like my late dad & my g'kids) plus I could also have mysalf as a young fan dring the 70's.

The basis comes from we are all faces in a crowd. Over the years there are many faces that we are on nodding terms with, people who share the passion and you've 'known' for years to an extent. It would be great, I feel, to be able to see some of those faces looking down at you at Falmer

Apart from generating money, it could also attract Art council funding and involve students from the Uni's & schools too..

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
sticklebricks.jpg

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I've got a seat through the A& K fund, will definitely be up for the mosiac idea and what the hell a brick would be a nice touch too :)

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I for one would like to be able to buy a brick, my grandfather passed away last year and despite being brought up as a Brentford fan took me to the Goldstone and introduced me to the mighty seagulls!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here