Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Button 8/1 to win the Drivers Championship. Bookies getting scared?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Or the fact they have been working on the 2009 car since a few races into last season.....

Edit , repeating what Hannibal Smith has already said

Last edited:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Testing in Jerez today, Button 1.3 secs faster than Hamilton. And concentrating on race simulations, not one lap qualifying spec (low fuel/new tyres). As they (Honda/Brawn)been concentrating on the new car since the middle of last season they've had plenty of time to get the thing right, although I guess it needed a revised design to account for the Merc engine rather than the Honda Lump. There are also some questions about the legality of some of the aerodynamic pieces at the back of the car!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
In testing Brawn have been well ON the pace and doesn't suprise me with the long term and amount of development they have been doing, will not surprise me to see this team shake up the big teams this year.

Don't believe one minute Mclarens claim they are off pace, they have further testing this week away from the media and competitors, watch their pace suddenly improve there!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Don't believe one minute Mclarens claim they are off pace, they have further testing this week away from the media and competitors, watch their pace suddenly improve there!

By their own admission they only started racing with the new spoiler this week, I can believe that they are off the pace if they didn't spend much time last year developing this year's car. A big name like McClaren would not deliberately be slower than everyone else ás a sandbagging exercise, I think their problems are for real.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How will the new rules regarding race wins affect this?

???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I find it hard to beleive that Honda would have pulled out if the team stood a genuine chance of winning the constructor's and driver's championships.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I find it hard to beleive that Honda would have pulled out if the team stood a genuine chance of winning the constructor's and driver's championships.

Wouldn't have looked good if they had to do it with a Mercedes engine though :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here